Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to chime on how big my smile was cruising my Charger today. I worked in automotive for 20 years and broke away finally. so I have had plenty of cars from Audi to Honda - but I always wanted a Charger so I finally got one a month ago.
Had to have AWD and the rebates so had to go new and V6 (which I was kinda nervous about) but with Kids, weather and having to make sure we get to winter sport events without question. Anyway so I am slowly doing little mods nothing crazy but being used to some more noise I had to research (thanks to my forum peeps)
Did my Air Raid cold air and VERY happy with the throttle response and sound. It is what I wanted for sure - no idea if i will ever do exhaust but the CAI is for sure a great add on for the above reasons.
I have my V6 and proud of it I would never try to pass my 6 as a V8 - just wanted a little more sound so it seems a little more special than just a GT Plus.... BIG SMILE and love this car by far my fave ( Besides my Grand National)
Sorry so long but wanted to share my Happiness!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Welcome from Northern Virginia! You should post a photo. Hope you enjoy years of trouble free miles with your Charger! I’m Celebrating the 6th anniversary of buying mine and still experience a certain happiness about my car every time I get in it!
EA8F1A22-0088-4648-B5EF-1749F8757AEF.jpeg

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Glad to hear that you'r enjoying your Rallye. I really enjoy mine as well. My previous Charger was an '06 Daytona with the Hemi and 5-speed. My Rallye with the V6 and 8-speed transmission feels almost as fast as the Daytona in everyday driving. The only thing missing is the intoxicating sound of the Hemi V8. The Rallye handles very well. I've driven the Watkins Glen road course several times and am looking forward to doing it again in about a month. I was able to keep up with Corvettes in the corners (they'd lose me on the straights). It's a real blast. I just returned a few minutes ago from a 250 mile road trip with my wife and the trip computer showed the car averaged 32.5 mpg on the trip (expressway driving). What a fantastic vehicle!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts