Dodge Charger Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
The next time I will have just a special treat left on the front seat for the boys. I'll probably have a snack lased with rat poison or something. Then I'll just go hang out at the local hospital to see who shows up with cramps. Then I'll ask for my stuff back.

·
Registered
206 Posts
ve had the same thing happen with them cutting the key hole-didnt have anything to take- but now i am gonna install a in dash nav unit - what precations can i take besides the two way alaram i already have? shave the handles??

·
Banned
105 Posts
yeah i had the same thing happen to me lucky they just grabbed my ipod touch i keep a glock 40 cal under my seat that they didnt notice since then i have put my cheaper taurus under there but if you hear of anything keep me posted...i was just going to bondo in the key hole.....

·
Registered
60 Posts
one of my previous cars was an accord, 1st time it was broken into they broke the window, and took everything that wasn't nailed down,,, i don't know how you can move a kicker box that filled the entire trunk, and everything else. the second time was at different location, but at least this time they somehow managed to move the window off it's track and slide the window completely down. no body damage this time around....sorry for everyone's sad story and to you ATLcharger23 for starting the thread...but i guess everyone has a horror story...i'll be sleeping with one i eye open now...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hate to bring up an old thread, but I got violated tonight. Owned my Charger for less than 24hrs and got over 300.00 in merch stolen from the trunk.

Evidently the Charger and the Mustang are the two easiest cars to pop the door on in this manner. Buyer Beware.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's similar to what happened to my charger door lock. It was jammed in when my car was broken into. Luckily there wasn't really much in my car for them to take but the new lock did cost $350 and my insurance deductible would have been $500. I'm getting extra security installed this coming week with a new alarm and a metal plate in my door to prevent this from happening again.

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
I have had three of my cars hit at my house, and a friend of one of my kids, while we were sitting on the porch. I have since then, installed eight cameras, and flood lighting all around the house. Two cameras on the side street, with flood-lights, all pointing right at my Charger. I even leave the doors unlocked as bait, NOTHING...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well Guy, Sunday I joined the club. I was at the mall with my Wife and someone broke into my car. I thought I forgot to lock the doors and today which is wednesday, I just noticed the door lock broken and the handle loose as well. I have a 2013, and know way should it be so easy to pop the lock. I am so pissed right now I can't even focas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had that same thing happen to me 3 times. Staying over at my family crib in a nice sub-div, being at the mall under a bright light close to Macys front door. each time they stole simple things to expensive stuff. Makes you want to go park and walk and hide and surprise them with some really FIRE if you know what I mean. My key hole is busted up now and I am trying to see what I will do about covering it so this crap will stop. Sad that Dodge created a mess like this for us.

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that Bro! I know the feeling, I was broken into twice in the same vehicle for my stereo system and I was somewhat devastated because of the hard-earned money you put into something for those who hate to work for it take from you. But, I hope everything works out for you in the end.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts