Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2015 SXT and the UConnect is on v14.47.1 .. Old.. So I downloaded the latest update from the Mopar site and put it on a 18Gb Drive... plugged it into the car and about a minute later it said something to the effect of invalid file.
I checked again online and it said for my current version, take to dealer...of course. So is this my only option or...???
New to these cars so not too familiar with them but love it already.
Thanks all!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. I had it on a pretty large thumb drive and I called Dodge and they said to use only 4Gb to 18 with nothing but the 5 files on it. So I did and no go...But..It was a Sandisk and they said no to that brand and a couple of others. I will go pick up an 8Gb drive tomorrow and try again.
Is there a tuner/programmer that I could possibly buy to get this done along with enabling some other options or is the dealer the only route?

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
When you get your new thumb, for this process, smaller is better. Older firmware is designed for smaller capacities....that's what was available when the systems were designed so higher capacity drives can be problematic. 8GB should be OK.

There is no "one step" solution for updating your firmware and enabling / disabling features. First, update your firmware. Then, if you are looking at just enabling / disabling features, Tazer and AlphaOBD seem to be popular options. For enhancing performance, Diablo seems to be a popular option. There are threads on the forum about these tools.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I finally picked up an SD card, 16Gb and used the slot. It does work. I have my folders on the root level down to 292. A little delay browsing but not too bad.
I am going to see how it works though with a 32Gb SD and arrange my music by genre, then artists using 2 or 3 levels of folders.

Now back to the UConnect.... I just made an appointment for next week to have the dealer update my UConnect from the current v14.47.1 to the latest. They are saying ti could be an all-day affair. So I am thinking this is because you cannot skip versions when upgrading that you must go version level by version level until at the latest.
That being said... Is there someplace I can download all the versions myself and run through each one? Or is the dealer using some specialized program / system to do this?

Just would like to save my $175 if I can do this at home in my shop. And it gives me another excuse to hide out in the shop all day as well. :D

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
As far as SD cards are concerned, I would suspect that you would be good up to 64gb and I believe the conservative approach you are using is smart. I'm not sure how sophisticated the file management system is in our Uconnect systems relating to folders and sub-folders but I guess you'll find out. I seem to recall some kind of limitation but I don't recall what it was.....sorry.

Also not sure if firmware upgrades need to be sequential, you are a ways behind being at 14.xx.x. The version I flashed on my 15 RT with 8.4 Nav was 18.45.01.

Good luck!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am actually looking at activating the NAV on my system now. Whew! $595. I am willing so long as it works. Did you have yours activated before flashing up to v18.45 or after? I don't want to spend the money on nav if it won't work until I upgrade UConnect.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
My nav has been active since taking delivery of my 15 (new), so it has always been active when doing firmware updates. I would think that activating it first would be preferable since the update process may adjust itself based on whether the nav is active or not, IMHO. BTW, you need the most recent firmware if you activate your nav. How nav information is broadcast changed in November 2019 and without the most recent firmware, you nav will not work properly.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I got off the phone with the Nav people and I will not be getting it. $595 just to activate and then they want another $150 to update the maps to current. Not gonna happen.
I will pay for the appointment next week to get UConnect updated and see what it does with my Android device for navigation and whatever else.
I was willing to pay the $595 to Activate but it doesn't even come with updates??... Yeah they can keep it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK SO I have now been updated...registered...The app on my phone makes the car do stuff. So.... How do I get nav on my phone to work on the car screen?
I will do some more digging but I am hoping to get answers without having to search for days.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
On a 2015.....you don't, sorry. You need Android Auto or Apple Carplay in your head-unit to do that. 2015 didn't have that functionality.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts