Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dodge charger rt 2016 throttal body one bolt is not good becuse i over tight it and the 3 other is good is this okay or it effect my car ?

·
Registered
695 Posts
I'm assuming you've "spun" or stripped the threads in one of the holes.

This is a common problem, since the intake manifold is plastic and does not use threaded inserts. If you don't repair it, you will likely develop a vacuum leak.

I'd suggest using something like an EZ-Press flush knurled press insert. You just drill out the hole and press or tap in the insert. Once you screw in the correct fastener (not the original bolts) it will expand the insert slightly for a good fit.

Since they come in multi-packs, you may as well do all four holes. Then you'll never have this problem again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is just one bolt and not full stripped just it is snug not like the other bolts but it is snug in the hole so is there is any problem in this i dont think it is leaking

·
Registered
695 Posts
If you didn't strip it and you're able to tighten it to specs, then I don't understand the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i striped it but not full strip it is tight but not like the tourqe of the other bolts

·
Registered
695 Posts
As far as I know, the factory torque spec for the 5.7 TB bolts is 44 in/lbs (about 4 ft/lbs). If you can get it that tight, or at least close, you're fine. If not, it's up to you whether to leave it and risk developing a leak down the road.

The EZ-Press inserts are cheap and easy to install, and would resolve the issue for good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay thank you you was very helpful , and yes it is just close in hole not like the other but it is tight littel i hope i don't need to do anything with it and it does not leak

·
Registered
414 Posts
wrap a piece of plumbers teflon tape around the bolt to take up the loose fit and you should be able to get 4 ft/lbs torque .

·
Registered
414 Posts
tape might fill up the "loose" in the manifold....can't hurt to try..start with just one wrap....also are you using all the threads in the hole ? can you use a sliightly longer bolt to reach unused threads....

·
Registered
414 Posts
good luck....if no workey do post #2....that won't work either tho if you look at how many posts he has...:devilish:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts