Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking over a magazine article about the Charger SRT8 vs the Chevy SS. The article said something about how noisy the SRTs are inside. My Charger R/T is a pretty quiet ridding car. I am wondering what you guys that have a SRT8 think of it's ride, and if it's noisy. To be fair, I didn't read the whole article, just the headlines.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
My Bee is pretty quiet. My tires (stock F1 Supercars) are very loud though. On the right road, the tire noise goes away and the other sounds are fairly quiet. As soon as I get back on a not-so-smooth road, it gets much louder.

So if the stock Pirellis on the Camaros are much quieter than the stock Firestones on our Chargers, I'm not surprised that some people are calling the Charger noisy. It's definitely the tires though.

·
Registered
263 Posts
My '12 SRT is very quiet, smooth, and stable even at highway speeds. (Actually it is very quiet even over 110 mph.) The only time it makes noise is when I stomp on it - then it roars. (Literaly)

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I agree, My SRT is pretty quiet on the highway... I think the F1's are loud. I put a new set of tires on and its much quieter.

·
Registered
13,019 Posts
Had a 2011 3.6, 2012 5.7 and a 2013 SRT, all Chargers and the inside was basically the same, cept the v8's let u know u had a Hemi.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My charger is very quiet, smooth and a great local or long distance travel car. The only time its loud is when my right foot is real heavy.....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figured it was a FOS article. I still haven't read it. The reason I asked was. How could a SRT make any more noise than a R/T?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts