Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months back I was blessed with being able to purchase my 2013 Charger SRT8.. at the time I figured "I'll just leave it stock". Well that was never going to last :4-dontknow: so I started figuring out what I wanted to do first. Just a few simple modifications to get this car to a level that's somewhat unique.

This is as it was the day after I picked it up (100% stock):

First thing I had to do was window tint (15%):

After a little while I decided to replace the factory SRT8 spoiler with the Xenon rear deck spoiler from BMC Extreme Customs:

I ran into a fellow chargerforumz member (not sure his tag name) and he hooked me up with his TruFiber ram air hood and tinted rear tails:

Finally it was time for chrome elimination mode... Deleting all factory badging and replacing them with new versions in black. The only thing I've yet to do is paint the rear "DODGE" letters:

The last thing I've done is replaced my factory red side marker lights with smoked LED versions.. made a huge difference to me:
BEFORE

---------------------------------
AFTER

This rounds out what's done so far... car will be in the shop for a few weeks before I'll be able to do anything else. I have a few teaser shots but the very next modifications will be black fog light surrounds, red LED demon eyes, bigs & littles (racestar darkstars):

^17x4.5 up front and 17x9.5 in the back, wrapped in ET Streets

As for future plans for the exterior... I'd like to do the following:
-APR SRT8 front splitter
-Mopar Stage 1 Lowering Springs (mainly for function, but helps with the looks)
-Danko custom widemouth grille (by far the most controversial mod I'm thinking of thus far)

Let me know your thoughts! :TU:

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Looking good so far! Can't wait to see the results

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Sooooo. What did you do with your stock hood?

·
Registered
33 Posts
What are your thoughts on the new spoiler? Any problems? I know some guys were saying its better to get a 3 piece so it doesnt scratch your paint. I was just wondering if you had the same problem.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are your thoughts on the new spoiler? Any problems? I know some guys were saying its better to get a 3 piece so it doesnt scratch your paint. I was just wondering if you had the same problem.
Not yet, I could see where they may be a problem if it's formed improperly. I love it so far, completely changed the look of the car to me.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Looks great. I told my wife I was going to keep mine stock too. Add tint, solo catback, Johan tune, catch can, t-stat and some interior goodies to the list after a short 4 months.

Interested to see how your heads/cam build goes too.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks great. I told my wife I was going to keep mine stock too. Add tint, solo catback, Johan tune, catch can, t-stat and some interior goodies to the list after a short 4 months.

Interested to see how your heads/cam build goes too.
What kind of interior modifications have you done? The only change (wouldn't necessarily call a mod) I made was weather tech floor mats LOL, but I don't know of much else to do besides a Scott Drake billet pistol grip shifter.

·
Registered
471 Posts
What kind of interior modifications have you done? The only change (wouldn't necessarily call a mod) I made was weather tech floor mats LOL, but I don't know of much else to do besides a Scott Drake billet pistol grip shifter.
Knock off mopar shifter in satin (perfect match for wheel and trim) 75 cent mod and matching park brake/dead pedal.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I've had a Xenon spoiler on mine for about 3 years now and have not had a problem with it scratching the paint. It comes with small plastic bumpers that attach to the bottom of the corners and that prevents it from scratching the paint.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Looking good! I would advise going with coilovers, going with springs over the SRT suspension would seem like a downgrade.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looking good! I would advise going with coilovers, going with springs over the SRT suspension would seem like a downgrade.
My goal is to try and develop a better set of springs for my current shock setup. We shall see what I can pull off. I need to get the car on the scales and start determining my unsprung weight, motion ratios, ect. All in time :TU:

·
Registered
471 Posts
My goal is to try and develop a better set of springs for my current shock setup. We shall see what I can pull off. I need to get the car on the scales and start determining my unsprung weight, motion ratios, ect. All in time :TU:
Kw sells an adjustable coil spring made for the adaptive suspension.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kw sells an adjustable coil spring made for the adaptive suspension.
I know this is extra work but do you happen to have a link to a distributor? I went on KW's website and didn't see it. I'd love to do more research if I can find it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I know this is extra work but do you happen to have a link to a distributor? I went on KW's website and didn't see it. I'd love to do more research if I can find it.
Speedlogix carries it. A few threads on it. Just google kW coil springs 392 adaptive suspension. I don't want to post links to all the other non z boards.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts