Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so in the upcoming months/weeks I have my project to complete on my baby, Nikita. We are from Ontario, Canada. Since I first picked her up, I've made numerous changes and mods and we get along quite well.

Here is an album showing what she looked like then.

https://m.imgur.com/a/6hP7swp

And then, as of around January 2019 her current form here: https://www.imgur.com/a/94yz6il

What I have planned for this summer is new 20 inch shoes, with new rubber (currently she sits on 18s), blacking out the grille with a wrap. going to tint the taillight using luxe auto as ive not seen a better option for Canadians. and perhaps smoke the headlights, and turn signals. Decals in the form of fender hashmarks and possibly the trunk vertical stripe. But I'm conflicted brothers...

How you guys can help me:
- has anyone had any experience with tint on the taillights? How is it at night specifically to the reverse lights and law enforcement
- the wheels I'd like to get I'm thinking bronze because I don't really want to do black and white as many have done. What colour bronE works best in your opinion.
- with the bronze wheels you can see the rest of my car has red accents (calipers, trim, badges, etc) would the decals on the outside look better in red, or black? I'd like to keep a theme but don't want it to get jumbled with 4 colours going like red white black and bronze
-wheel size? I don't want stagged. I drive ...spirited. she's an sxt. Will 245/45/20 work or is 275/40/20 on a 20x9.5 wheel be better?

Here is a link to the wheel I'm currently thinking of getting: https://www.replika.ca/productinfo...._2012_charger_sxt+(rwd)-sxt+(propulsion)_s_pp

If you could chime in with your thoughts and experiences that would be invaluable. I'd like to make these moves starting within the next 2 weeks. Cheers Mopar family!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Cars looking good. The bronze wheels you posted will look amazing. Personally, with the v6, I'd stick with the 245/45/20's. The wider wheel will look better but your gonna notice a loss of power and mileage with the larger wheel package. As far as decals go, you could do a dark gold color which would compliment the bronze wheels pretty nicely since your trying to stay away from the rest of the pack.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cars looking good. The bronze wheels you posted will look amazing. Personally, with the v6, I'd stick with the 245/45/20's. The wider wheel will look better but your gonna notice a loss of power and mileage with the larger wheel package. As far as decals go, you could do a dark gold color which would compliment the bronze wheels pretty nicely since your trying to stay away from the rest of the pack.
Hey Stevens appreciate the input. Could you explain the loss of power bit? I think I understand how the mileage is affected but I thought bigger/wider tires meant being able to put the power down better.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
The bigger tire will have more resistance on the road and hurt mileage some. Opposite end of that is you get better traction due to a larger contact patch. V6 doesn't have a traction issue. Also the bigger wheel/tire combo will be heavier, so that hurts power and mileage since it takes more energy to turn the tires.

Reactions: oMarvelous

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
As far as the tint on taillights go, you will def still see the lights at night and during the day, it's like you don't have any tint on them either! Luxe makes THE best tints for lenses, IMO! Easy to apply...but no matter what you go with, just know that you shouldn't see ANY issues with visibility with the lights! I have all my lenses (except for headlights/fog lights) tinted and have had ZERO issues and only a ton of compliments!

Reactions: oMarvelous

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excellent, that makes sense. I'm gonna recrunch some numbers at the 245/45/20 sizing.

Indeed MadMaxx your car looks the business!! Did you also tint the third brake light? I will order up the type 1s and tailight tint soon. Johnny law be damned. The Ontario Provincial Police and I...sort of have a running relationship (LOL).

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Excellent, that makes sense. I'm gonna recrunch some numbers at the 245/45/20 sizing.

Indeed MadMaxx your car looks the business!! Did you also tint the third brake light? I will order up the type 1s and tailight tint soon. Johnny law be damned. The Ontario Provincial Police and I...sort of have a running relationship (LOL).
Ha lmao...same here with me and local fuzz! Thank you for saying..she's still a work in progress, and yeah, I've got the 3rd brake light done..but it's getting fixed up with new stuff here in a min! I originally put some cheap ass "cutout" ones that say "Charger" in the new font, but the person that supplied it didn't make the cutout for the backup camera or the trunk release (which is beyond me why they didn't) was also of cheap quality, and it ended up looking pretty chinsy so I am changing to a different tint.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that's a wicked transformation!

MadMaxx I hear you. Link to the better quality one you're thinking of using?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Works. That's funny, same one I was looking at since seller is in Canada. Other ones had mentioned you can get custom words. Guess I'll shoot him a PM.

Are you going to get charger, charger script or R/T?
That's ironic..same guy! Yeah, like I said my buddy swears by this guy and the quality looks on par with the likes of Luxe...I'm planning on doing custom text...says your allotted 7 characters...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
064.jpg
Hi oMarvelous, this is my 2012 SXT + bought used in Sept. 2015, with only 18.9K miles, now it has 46K. Really wanted the R/T but my wife was sold and me as well, on the PCL paint code, Blue Streak Pearl. Only mods so far have been to the V6, aFe CAI, Modern Muscle TB and Diablo i3 tuning. Best 1/4 mile time has been 15 flat, goal is sub 15 this season. I do have a Danko '68-'70 grille ordered which I'll paint the surround PCL and blacked-out grille. Once done, I'll post a pic of it. The wheels are stock 20" with 245/45/20 BF Goodrich gForce tires. Her name is Pearl!! Your SXT is looking good, V6 or V8, doesn't matter, what you're doing is what hot rodding is all about...making it yours!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts