Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Thanks for the offer of the use of your Charger. We need it to test fit a preproduction set of shorty headers. We would also like to check a throttle body and a final fitment check on a cold air intake. We would need the car for at least 2 days. We would also need to dyno it a few times to check the gains from the headers and cold air intake. The headers are out being coated and should be back within a week, I'll get back to you with an exact date."

I got this from a vendor, which I'm not sure if I can state the name, but they are making a version of their own shorties/CAI/and TB for the 3.5!! Hopefully, I'll hear back soon and get this going.

Not that I'm excited or anything... LOL:i_rolleyes::gy:

Reactions: ericperrier

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Thats sick!! Are they giving you the products after the test fit? I mean they should make it worth your while!

Reactions: ahamayym

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The original post that I responded to (in another forum) said something along the lines of getting the shorties, but then the vendor replied with the above e-mail adding the CAI and the TB along with the dyno. Hopefully, I'll get something (or maybe a few somethings) out of it. Lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice! :TU: Keep us posted on how it goes. I love that more options are finally starting to come to market for our 3.5's

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
I would have loved to be the test dummy! That is awesome brah!!!

Reactions: ahamayym

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
Congrats to you, hopefully they'll let you keep it, and pleae give us the results.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks y'all. I'll post just as soon as I get word back from the vendor.

·
Registered
12,059 Posts
That is freaking cool. You have to let us know how it comes out when they are all done.

·
Registered
240 Posts
im interested in the numbers they will get with the throttlebody and how large they will port it. I have my MM 71mm and i love it, i wonder if they will go bigger though

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Just received an e-mail

"Hey ahamayym,
Yes you will be keeping the headers. Once the cold air is done and ready for production, we would happily give you one those too if we could again get you in here for an hour or so to do the final fit.

We operate out of two large industrial buildings in Temecula. Both are alarmed and locked secure. Your car is not driven in the street while in our care and is kept covered on a car lift. We will need to do a few dyno runs to check the gains of the headers and cold air intake.

I come from 20+ years of building street rods and classic trucks, the majority of them in the $100k range, I am well aware of taking care of people's vehicles. If it's convenient, you're more than welcome to come by and check out the shops. We work from 7 to 3:30 M-F. Just give me a ring and let me know you are coming. Thanks...."

Needless to say, this e-mail was very comforting to read. Lol. Hopefully, I should hear back again in a day or two to schedule when I'll be dropping off the car to their shop. Not that I'm anxioius about it or anything... LMAO :wow::gy::dork::TU:

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
It's really cool because most of us do the Dyno after to add the modd and we always want to think we add a huge amount of hp...... the reality is not always that huge. So that is why it will be very very very interesting to have the Dyno before and after!!!!

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
I know JBA is down there in SoCal (sandiego area). Don't they already make headers for your car?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They do, but why not go for some for free that are coated with ceramic? Lol

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
I know JBA is down there in SoCal (sandiego area). Don't they already make headers for your car?
I have some on my ride and they work really well. From my experience they don't need to be rebuilt but hey, if they have some new stuffs to had!!!! :TU:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finally

I have tomorrow off and will be headed to the vendor in the morning to start everything.

First - remove 91 performance tune and dyno the stock car (with the dual exhaust)

Second - install the ceramic coated headers and dyno for any gains

Third - test fit and install the CAI and dyno for gains again.

Last - install performance tune and enjoy

The vendor told me that they would only need the car for two days. I am charging the video camera as I type this and will hopefully have pics and vids for the afternoon.

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Cant wait to see what they come up with.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts