Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to let people know my experience with this specific model. I purchased it off eBay and it arrived in Canada after 6 days which was impressive. It comes with a Canbus box.

The Canbus adaptor had 4 on/off switches. Instructions were in Chinese. Contacted seller and he was quick to respond. For my 2010 Charger SE, switch 1, 2 were on and 3,4 were off.

Disconnected battery terminal. Removed the bezel of the car using hands only - not a dash removal kit. Saw it on You Tube. Disconnected all harnesses for heat controls but had trouble with bottom left one so simply left it connected and laid bezel across console. It had a red locking clip and couldn't manage to pry it.

Unscrewed factory stereo and disconnected harnesses (mine actually had the UConnect harness even though I don't have UConnect).

I hooked up the harness that came with my new head unit along with other cables such as subs and back-up camera and included ipod cable and usb cable. I also had the included GPS antenna hanging over the front of the unit. I then simply plugged the car harness into the new head unit along with antennas. It was a little tight getting back into the dash but not too bad. Screwed in stereo. I then put the GPS antenna up in the dash on a ledge where the center dash speaker would be and secured with the attached Velcro. Snapped bezel back in place.

Then I reconnected battery. Started car and stereo worked perfectly. No need to bring it too dealer to be scanned and added. Unit fits perfect and I required no other parts - brackets, dash kit, adaptor, etc. So it was truly plug and play.

Later ran the sub cables back to the trunk along with backup camera wiring. Camera easily installed. I was looking for a light green striped wire at the tail light as the reverse wire. But both green striped wires the same. However under the trunk matting running across between the two tail lights is a dark green and light green wire. Simply splice into the light green wire. Also never screwed in the camera over the license plate but used a small piece of industrial Velcro.

The sound is better than the stock unit - which was only basic set-up. It is much sharper. The subs sound cleaner. I installed iGo and maps on the micro sd card that came with it and the GPS navigation works fine. Quick to get its initial fix and very quick to re-calculate route. Only trouble is the sound directions are not working. Will try to download again as I have seen some others on other forums having trouble with iGo Primo on Android 4.2+.

The model I installed was a KR-6205 6.2'' unit.

Below is the info from the eBay ad.

Just thought I would let people know because I was unsure if I would actually require an adaptor or would require the dealership to use their StarScan machine, which would have added cost. Also wasn't sure of the fit and if I would need a dash adaptor kit. luckily I didn't need any of these.

Any questions send me a message. As far as how long it will last I have no idea - only been installed a week. But it seems to me to be decent quality. Actually am impressed with it so far - fingers crossed.

Android Dure Core Car DVD GPS Navi For Jeep Commander Wrangler Dodge
Seller information elifestore8

[URL]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Android-Dure-Core-Car-DVD-GPS-Navi-For-Jeep-Commander-Wrangler-Dodge-/201228149139?nma=true&si=y8A4DrpcN3yOGHsBju7%252FVygXvvw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557[/URL]

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,390 Posts
Sounds like a sweet deal, thanks for sharing. Any pics of the radio installed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a quick pic I took with my phone. The dials and buttons can be adjusted in color. They are green in the pic but now are red.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,623 Posts
Just wanted to let people know my experience with this specific model. I purchased it off eBay and it arrived in Canada after 6 days which was impressive. It comes with a Canbus box.

The Canbus adaptor had 4 on/off switches. Instructions were in Chinese. Contacted seller and he was quick to respond. For my 2010 Charger SE, switch 1, 2 were on and 3,4 were off.

Disconnected battery terminal. Removed the bezel of the car using hands only - not a dash removal kit. Saw it on You Tube. Disconnected all harnesses for heat controls but had trouble with bottom left one so simply left it connected and laid bezel across console. It had a red locking clip and couldn't manage to pry it.

Unscrewed factory stereo and disconnected harnesses (mine actually had the UConnect harness even though I don't have UConnect).

I hooked up the harness that came with my new head unit along with other cables such as subs and back-up camera and included ipod cable and usb cable. I also had the included GPS antenna hanging over the front of the unit. I then simply plugged the car harness into the new head unit along with antennas. It was a little tight getting back into the dash but not too bad. Screwed in stereo. I then put the GPS antenna up in the dash on a ledge where the center dash speaker would be and secured with the attached Velcro. Snapped bezel back in place.

Then I reconnected battery. Started car and stereo worked perfectly. No need to bring it too dealer to be scanned and added. Unit fits perfect and I required no other parts - brackets, dash kit, adaptor, etc. So it was truly plug and play.

Later ran the sub cables back to the trunk along with backup camera wiring. Camera easily installed. I was looking for a light green striped wire at the tail light as the reverse wire. But both green striped wires the same. However under the trunk matting running across between the two tail lights is a dark green and light green wire. Simply splice into the light green wire. Also never screwed in the camera over the license plate but used a small piece of industrial Velcro.

The sound is better than the stock unit - which was only basic set-up. It is much sharper. The subs sound cleaner. I installed iGo and maps on the micro sd card that came with it and the GPS navigation works fine. Quick to get its initial fix and very quick to re-calculate route. Only trouble is the sound directions are not working. Will try to download again as I have seen some others on other forums having trouble with iGo Primo on Android 4.2+.

The model I installed was a KR-6205 6.2'' unit.

Below is the info from the eBay ad.

Just thought I would let people know because I was unsure if I would actually require an adaptor or would require the dealership to use their StarScan machine, which would have added cost. Also wasn't sure of the fit and if I would need a dash adaptor kit. luckily I didn't need any of these.

Any questions send me a message. As far as how long it will last I have no idea - only been installed a week. But it seems to me to be decent quality. Actually am impressed with it so far - fingers crossed.

Android Dure Core Car DVD GPS Navi For Jeep Commander Wrangler Dodge
Seller information elifestore8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Android-Dur...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Android-Dure-Core-Car-DVD-GPS-Navi-For-Jeep-Commander-Wrangler-Dodge-/201228149139?nma=true&si=y8A4DrpcN3yOGHsBju7%252FVygXvvw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557[/URL]
I looked at one of those a few years back for my Challenger but decided to go for a used RER 730n at about the same price at that time, just because I was unsure of the quality of the Chinese unit, keep us posted on how it holds up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will post any updates, both positive and negative. I did look at the 730N but I had the basic system - no UConnect. Figured the cost of installing the UConnect system and harnesses and accessories would add up. If I find the time I may even put a quick vid of the radio on YouTube .

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,623 Posts
I will post any updates, both positive and negative. I did look at the 730N but I had the basic system - no UConnect. Figured the cost of installing the UConnect system and harnesses and accessories would add up. If I find the time I may even put a quick vid of the radio on YouTube .
Just for information, all I had to add was a microphone and gps antenna to get nav and unconnect for phone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts