Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some bad bends in my rims and can't really have them fixed with the clads on. Anyone ever remove these, is it possible to reinstall, what does the rim look like without them?

Any input would be great.

Thanks
moe

·
100k Mile Club
23,894 Posts
I have heard that it is really hard to remove them, if possible at all, and it is an unfinished cast wheel behind the chrome clad.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
It would be easier to replace the whole rim. Here's why:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Lol wow, that's definetly unfinished underneath

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Great Post Dave! Try Painting them?:TU:

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
I have some bad bends in my rims and can't really have them fixed with the clads on. Anyone ever remove these, is it possible to reinstall, what does the rim look like without them?

Any input would be great.

Thanks
moe
why cant they fix them? i have sent out customers chrome clad rims to have bends fixed a couple times this year. they had no issues fixing them and the wheels come back perfect...

in my opinion find a better rim repair shop... that is if the bend are in the barrel of the wheel or the back side lip. bends in the face side of the wheel are trash not fixable unless its a 3 piece wheel.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why cant they fix them? i have sent out customers chrome clad rims to have bends fixed a couple times this year. they had no issues fixing them and the wheels come back perfect...

in my opinion find a better rim repair shop... that is if the bend are in the barrel of the wheel or the back side lip. bends in the face side of the wheel are trash not fixable unless its a 3 piece wheel.

the bend is at the face of the wheel, that is the problem. i guess i'll have to live with it for now.

·
Registered
929 Posts
If its just the lip , you can sand them smooth , and then recoat them with a clear polish , i have done this with mine , you cant tell unless you really look.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If its just the lip , you can sand them smooth , and then recoat them with a clear polish , i have done this with mine , you cant tell unless you really look.
the damage is a little beyond sanding, but thanks i can try that on one of my other rims that has a small dent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts