Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had any input/experience with the Chrysler Group Service Contracts.

My 2009 Charger has the standard 3 year 36,000 mile coverage. I received some literature in the mail the other day from Chrysler Group for some extended coverage. They basically look to offer 3 tiers of coverage from Powertrain, Added Care Plus, and Maximum Care.

What's everyone's thoughts on extended coverage and anyone use this Chrysler Group coverage?

Thanks in advance.
Paul

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well they are good and highly recommended by most people i talked to. They fix your car with Chrysler OEM parts and it covers a lot depending on what one you want.

I myself am looking into one for my car as it is an 08 with at the moment 32k. My father is the parts manager at the dealer here and says its worth it considering what some of the parts cost and labor to install them.

Im looking to do the Maximum Care which covers everything. When i talked to the Sales Manager about it he said it would cover my car for an additional 5yrs and up to 70k which is good. If i where to trade my car id be refunded the difference or could transfer it to another Chrysler,Jeep,Dodge product.

FYI the cost for them are not fixed. Work with them and see if you can get a little extra off.

Once Tax time comes and i get the Wife's Caravan fixed im getting it.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I have Added Care Plus on the wife's Chally and my 2010 SRT Charger. Got it through the dealer at the time we bought the cars. We also had it on a 05 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Never had a problem using that. If something broke that wasn't under the other warranty, it got fixed and I just signed the dealer maintenance sheet when we picked it up. We feel it was worth it. Oh ya , had it on the daughter's 04 jeep. got used lots of times, never a problem.

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
I've never had any issues with mine. I like the fact that I can just drop the car off and automatically get a rental for the day.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
What do these things usually run? Like 800?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I bought the premium extended coverage through ford. Is that the same or similar? Haven't had to use it yet but they said I can go to a dodge dealership or any mechanic that takes the warranty. I hope I made a good choice. It's bumper to bumper for 45000 miles or 3 years

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Wow, but i guess considering what you get it could definately be worth it, i can see why people would get it.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
$3,500?? Oh snap! lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I"m going to call their toll free number and get some quotes and give the dealer a call where I got the car and see what they have to say as well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just wanted to update on this. I called Chrysler contracts and talked to the dealers as well.

In the end I went with the Chrysler Service Contract. I got 7year/85k miles at their Added Plus level which covers over 800 parts and most if not all of the big things like powertrain, suspension etc for $1300 bucks and 0% interest for 3years.

The dealer wanted almost double that and didn't seem as full a coverage. So I'll have my standard 3yr/36k from the manufacturer in effect then the Chrysler SC coverage kicks in to cover me up til 7yrs or 85k in miles. Seemed like a decent deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts