Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title may state, I am looking to take out some of the equipment standard on the 15+
chargers and make it a bit more comfortable and less “police car”.
I picked up a 15 with very low idle hours and miles, no holes, a detectives car, it actually still smells new!

First and foremost, I would like to remove the column shifter and go to the full center console.
I have a full center console in the car that is fully functional except the shifter. I did some google searching and there are plenty of write ups on the 14 and down but I haven’t seen many/any for the 15 and up. Anyone attempt to hook it up? Can you use the same shifter cable or have to order a new one? Any other issues to be worried about?
Is there a block off plate for the column shifter or does the whole plastic piece need replaced?

Second, I would like to make the back door handles functional. I assume that is as simple as buying the handles and trim? Or does the whole door panel need replaced?

Third, I would like to add the larger screen in the dash. I assume this isn’t as easy as plug and play, this probably takes the dealership to program it in. Any idea of costs associated?

Finally, I would like to add heated seats. I have a power drivers seat but that’s it.
I assume that this is not a simple plug and play either. Any write ups on this process?

Any and all help and direction would be awesome!

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
9,242 Posts
Welcome from AZ, lot of people on here that are doing similar things, someone will chime in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey man I just bought a 2015 AWD Dodge Charger with the 5.7 and I’m looking to do all of the same things you are interested. First things I did was tint the windows, Swap the 5inch factory Radio with the 8.4 inch uconnect radio from a hellcat (which is pretty cool because I get the hellcat display pages which you could also get if you bought a automotive tazer which I highly recommend you get!!) But that’s plug and play real easy!! I also had the steel wheels taken off.. replaced them with a touren t40, which will fit the AWD because of the offset As AWD can only fit a wheel with a +35 offset. I also just got a factory center console In the mail today so I’ll be installing later today, like you I’m Trying to find More info converting from the column shifter to the floor Shifter

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a 2013 Pursuit, and i absolutely LOVE the column shifter. It's one of the things that makes this model unique. Not crazy about the factory console, but I have learned to live with that. It seems like a lot to go through in order to convert from column to floor shift. Good luck, and be sure to keep us posted how it goes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m doing the same thing! I have a lot to convert in my car also, but only so much money at the moment, thanks Covid! I need to replace my radio, switch the shifter and get a center console, eventually get new seats, new paneling etc. A lot! Where did you buy your parts from? I almost want to buy a totaled charger..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m doing the same thing! I have a lot to convert in my car also, but only so much money at the moment, thanks Covid! I need to replace my radio, switch the shifter and get a center console, eventually get new seats, new paneling etc. A lot! Where did you buy your parts from? I almost want to buy a totaled charger..
check rockauto.com, they have almost every part and cheap prices as well

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can only speak to the 2014 and older, but the door assemblies are ready for new door handle hardware, just the handle kits are needed. Handles, trim, clips are all included. I don’t remember the Mopar PN. I got my stuff on eBay. Sealed Mopar bag.

Apparently sometimes wiring has been altered by the upfitters, but mine was intact.

Here is a good vid that goes through the process. Maybe not the greatest production, but very thorough. The Mopar instructions in the kit were garbage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts