Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would someone here know of an online source for the various factory paint schemes for old Chargers? I'm looking for one that's predominately white with an additional color(s). I'd like to be able to see pics so that I can get an idea how it would look on a 2013.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah.. I've seen some of those. I was hoping that there was a site out there that had a historical record of the different schemes like what a restorer might use as reference.

But, from what I can see in the two examples given, can I assume that the Chargers never had the rally-type stripes - the ones that run the length of the car? I saw several that had either the dual or single stripe that wrapped around the rear end over the trunk lid and rear quarter panels. Some had a 'R/T' on the single broad stripe. So, I'm leaning towards something like that in black. Or, maybe Mopar blue - though I don't recall seeing one amongst those pics. There are a lot of 'white' Chargers out there so I want to set mine apart and pay homage to the classic ones at the same time.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After further research, it would appear that I should've been using the term 'decals'. That said, the more accurate question is: Were the decals gloss or satin as far as the finish goes? Were they clear-coated over?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts