Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had this car a little over 2 weeks and I gotta say. Keepin this black interior clean is rough! Ha everything shows. I tried using some leather cleaner I had from a while ago but it made it all oily and shiny. What do you guys use to keep your leather fresh n lookin new?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
After you apply the leather cleaner/conditioner, let it sit for few minutes and then wipe it down with a microfiber towel, it will get rid of the oily shine. I normally use Mothers leather wipes and follow it up with the microfiber towel. I don't have problems keeping the leather clean I just use it to keep it protected and looking new, mine is only driven on the weekends and the only problem I have is that every speck of dust shows on the carpet and mats.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
THIS IS WHAT I FOUND ON IT. I RECOMMEND READING MORE INTO ON THE LEATHER YOU HAVE., THIS IS LUXURY STUFF. DONT WANT TO RUIN IT. I FOUND THIS BUT I AM SURE THERE ARE OTHER STUFF ABOUT IT! GOOD LUCK. DONT WANT TO GIVE YOU ANY WRONG INFO AND RUIN IT. JUST RESEARCH IT MORE!! READ YOUR CAR MANUAL TO SEE IF IT MAY SAY ON HOW TO TREAT IT!!

Spray your nappa leather with a quality water and stain retardant as soon as you bring the item home. The delicate hides used to make nappa leather can be seriously damaged by water, and they tend to stain easily as well. Spraying the leather with a stain and water protector will reduce the chances that the delicate leather will be damaged.

2 Clean the nappa leather on a regular basis using a rubber- or gum-based shoe polish. Be sure to match the color of the polish to the color of the leather as closely as possible--using a polish that is too dark could result in permanent staining of the hide. Also avoid the use of wax-based polishes and cleaners--those cleaners can damage the delicate nappa leather.

Condition your nappa leather with a lanolin-based product. Using a lanolin-based product will protect the leather and help to lock in the color. Conditioning the leather as soon as you bring your nappa leather home, and repeating these treatments at least once every couple of weeks, is the best way to keep your delicate leather looking like new.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After you apply the leather cleaner/conditioner, let it sit for few minutes and then wipe it down with a microfiber towel, it will get rid of the oily shine. I normally use Mothers leather wipes and follow it up with the microfiber towel. I don't have problems keeping the leather clean I just use it to keep it protected and looking new, mine is only driven on the weekends and the only problem I have is that every speck of dust shows on the carpet and mats.
thanks! i'll try it. I drive mine at least 6 days a week and I work in the garden dept of home depot. so it gets dirty. ha

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Sorry, I meant Meguiars leather wipes. I'm positive it is safe for nappa leather, there's some discussion about it in BMW and Mercedes forums. Dodge recommends Mopar Total Clean to clean the leather, funny because it is just an "all purpose cleaner". The manual also says leather conditioner is not required and it can be best preserved by cleaning with a damp soft cloth. Not exactly quoted but this is from the 2011 Charger manual.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Ive used Malco Leather Conditioner creme on all the leather in my vehicles it says it " cleans, reconditions and preserves with Mink oil" and it smells like leather too which is a plus.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I use the Lexol cleaner and conditioner and couldn't be more pleased. Far superior to "wipes" you will also want a horsehair brush.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts