Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know the owners manual says dont use armor all to clean the interior. is there anything out there besides just water to clean the interior with?

also any recommendations?

·
Registered
594 Posts
i know the owners manual says dont use armor all to clean the interior. is there anything out there besides just water to clean the interior with?

also any recommendations?
I personally use the Meguiers wipes..

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-348-adams-perfect-interior-kit.aspx

I use the leather conditioner on all of the black plastic parts on the dashboard, then I apply this to the door plastic parts:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-512-adams-super-vrt-tire-trim-dressing.aspx

The leather conditioner gives it a nice satin finish without being distracting while driving and also has a mild cleaning agent in it.

The VRT on the door panels gives it an almost glossy finish and has the added benefit of protecting your door panels from rain because it is repels water.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
Maguiars all the way...for EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have tried a bunch of them,... Meguiars Interior Detailer and Mopar Total Clean are my favorite for the interior.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
i use meguair's interior wipes, but i have used armour all before with no ill effects...:)

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Meguairs all the way for the interior!!!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I ONLY use Meguair's. I don't like Armour All due to the fact that it's kinda greasy & leaves your dash shine. A dash is supposed to absorb sunlight so it doesn't blind you when you're driving.

I use:

It gives it that fresh from the factory clean look without the annoying glare.

Check out the link in my signature.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I'll be picking up a bottle asap! I'm tired of the dust sticking right to the armorall and then having to clean it again. I know this is a bit off topic, but does anyone know of any tire dressing that won't leave a trail of black spray on the paint once you drive?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I'll be picking up a bottle asap! I'm tired of the dust sticking right to the armorall and then having to clean it again. I know this is a bit off topic, but does anyone know of any tire dressing that won't leave a trail of black spray on the paint once you drive?
This stuff literally smells so good you'll want to eat it lol! (but obviously don't but you WILL want to keep it away from any young kids who might not know any better). This product doesn't turn your tires brown or flake off or disappears after a day or so. This will last a while as the product states. Check my link to see the products that I use. They're all of exceptional quality & are definitely worth it!

Here's a little trick! This is what I also do to give my tires that extra little "boost". You can take some tire shine spray & spray your wheel wells (the black plastic piece encircling your tire & the fender). This will give it a slight sheen (since it's not a smooth / glossy plastic [normally rough in texture]) & make your wheels pop even more by giving them that extra dimension.

I use this for the tires (as I suggested, use the spray formula for the wheel wells):

·
Registered
630 Posts
Looks good from here...my car is white though, and I've never noticed tire shine leaving the trail of black spray on the paint until now (as this is my first white car). Do you know whether or not I can get around that or not with this product?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
If you've used sprays for your tires before, then I can see how you'd get that result. Sprays are a liquid so if you're not careful, you'll get overspray on your fenders & if you drive it before it has time to fully drive then I can definitley see if dripping off & landing on the rocker panels / rear bumper. It's really the same concept if you ever go through a car wash & when you drive it home, you get those water streaks from the water seeping out from the door jams / side mirrors. This being a gel based product, should eliminate that factor. Just make sure to give it time to dry a little bit before you drive away although I personally have never had an issue with using this & driving right away.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Adam's Super VRT, like I mentioned in a previous post.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts