Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All I was wondering is there a product out there that can clean the roofing inside of the vehicle including the visor and inside side panels. I was told that you couldn't clean this part of the car but mine definitely needs it. Help me out guys!!!:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
man i would like to know this as well, the color they are now really shows the dirt. i've been thinking about just taking it down then reupholster it in black

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
I don't have a definite answer...only a suggestion, but here goes: Try your hand at one of those fancy vacuum cleaners that wet and steam upholstery. That should get it cleaned I reckon.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
man i would like to know this as well, the color they are now really shows the dirt. i've been thinking about just taking it down then reupholster it in black

I know right! There has to be a way to clean it, but if not I guess re-upholstering may be my only option. Have you found somewhere to purchase the materials to even do this??

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I don't have a definite answer...only a suggestion, but here goes: Try your hand at one of those fancy vacuum cleaners that wet and steam upholstery. That should get it cleaned I reckon.
A friend of mine had his detailed and they did that - it worked for him. I was thinking of going to the same place, my is kinda crappy looking.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
i may look into doing that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Tuff Stuff cleaner!!!!!!!! $4.50 at AutoZone...it does a miracle!! I was about to buy a whole know headline. Spray it, let it set in for 45 seconds, use a damp towel to rub it in after the 45 second, then use another dry towel to wipe it clean, and you'll see a miracle right before your eyes!:TU:

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
A friend of mine had his detailed and they did that - it worked for him. I was thinking of going to the same place, my is kinda crappy looking.
Right on, give it a try :TU:.

Mine is perfectly fine everywhere except on the passenger side. Anyone guess why that is? Yup...make-up smears and blemishes on the cloth around the vanity mirror LOL. The rest is pristine, and having a black interior does help actually.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Me too!! i didn't even think stanley steemer would clean the inside of as vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check Adams Polishes. Following their instructions, I've used their upholstery cleaner and leather/interior cleaner to successfully clean the areas you speak of.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Just be careful what you're using. Alot of these "cleaners" will leave the soap residue underneath what you're actually cleaning. The soap will sometimes actually cause more dirt. And if it ever gets wet, or you clean it again it could actually end up looking worse. Aswell as fading or discoloration. Always test somewhere inconspicuous first. And when using cleaning agents, It is usually better to use less..

Just my .2

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Right on, give it a try :TU:.

Mine is perfectly fine everywhere except on the passenger side. Anyone guess why that is? Yup...make-up smears and blemishes on the cloth around the vanity mirror LOL. The rest is pristine, and having a black interior does help actually.
Hmmmm........I don't even have that going on in my car ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just be careful what you're using. Alot of these "cleaners" will leave the soap residue underneath what you're actually cleaning. The soap will sometimes actually cause more dirt. And if it ever gets wet, or you clean it again it could actually end up looking worse. Aswell as fading or discoloration. Always test somewhere inconspicuous first. And when using cleaning agents, It is usually better to use less..

Just my .2
Just FYI the Adams Upholstery Cleaner will not leave soap residue behind. That's one of its selling points.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, i Just dont want to destroy my roof trying to clean it

·
Registered
68 Posts
i cleaned mine with a solution from The Home Depot called Folex. worked great on the roof. the seats, not so much. think i need a professional for that! Stupid light grey cloth interiors!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Just a word of warning on the steam cleaning. A guy I used to work with had that done to his car and who-ever it was that did it, completely destroyed his headliner. Something to do with the steam actually making the bond between the backing, foam and upholstery fail. He ended up with a huge, sagging mess that he had to replace completely. No idea if that would be the result with our cars....but something to consider.

Splynter

·
Registered
271 Posts
I used to detail cars for a living. I haven't done it since the charger was back but we used laundry soap and hot water to clean alot of stuff including headliners. just be careful don't scrub all crazy if its just spots blot them with a towel. use a shop vac or something to that effect to try and suck out excess moisture. a steamcleaner will loosen backing on headliners in a lot of cars. don't steamclean your headliner!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts