Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I just got done changing the front passenger hub assembly, brake line, and brake pads and have run into a new issue. When I push the brake pedal, there is a clicking sound coming from the gear shifter console. My educated guess says its the lock that keeps you from shifting if you're not pressing the brake. If that is the reason does anybody know how to remedy it?

To be clear, the car still shifts as normal. Its just the clicking sound is now there.

Any ideas what you think it could be? There is no CEL or ABS light on.

Thanks!

· Registered
2022 Charger RT
30 Posts
That’s exactly what it is and it’s normal, if you put your hand on the shifter when you step on the brake pedal you can feel it. There is no need to remedy it. Even my 2022 does it.

· Registered
1,775 Posts
Yes to ^. I had my R/T for several months before I heard it and kinda freaked a little posting the same thing, hearing it every-time but now I rarely notice it.

· Registered
259 Posts
So, I just got done changing the front passenger hub assembly, brake line, and brake pads and have run into a new issue. When I push the brake pedal, there is a clicking sound coming from the gear shifter console. My educated guess says its the lock that keeps you from shifting if you're not pressing the brake. If that is the reason does anybody know how to remedy it?

To be clear, the car still shifts as normal. Its just the clicking sound is now there.

Thanks!

Hi!

Our team would like to step in and assist alongside a dealer appointment. Send our team a private message to get started!

Hannah
Dodge Cares

· Registered
2 Posts

Thanks!
Check your drive shaft. That clicking is exactly where that bearing assembly is.. Might need a new driveshaft.... Do not replace with a Dorman.. they are junk. go after market solid shaft.

· Registered
2022 Charger RT
30 Posts
I also didn't know what to do. Thank you.I'll check my drive shaft.
The clicking the op is talking about is while sitting still and stepping on the brakes, this clicking is perfectly normal, it is a solenoid pulling back a pin that blocks the shifter from moving out of park without the brakes applied. If you hear clicking while the vehicle is in motion then it warrants further investigation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts