Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has experienced the following climate control issue and if so, did you find a solution?
I have a 2017 Charger SRT 392 and this problem has been present since day 1.
Problem is when a temperature is selected above 20 degrees C (68 degrees Fahrenheit), the heat comes on as expected and after 5 minutes, cool air begins to be blown out the dash vents. You increase the temperature by one or two degrees and the heat comes on and again after 5 minutes, cool air begins blowing out. You can repeat this all the way to HI where cool air will eventually blow. It will never maintain the set temperature.

If you shut the car off and restart it, the heater blows very hot air trying to achieve the temperature where it was last set which forces you to reduce the temperature and the process starts all over again.
I've had the it into Chrysler where they applied a software patch or upgrade which had zero effect.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Mine does the same thing. I just wear a zip up fleece as a car jacket when on a trip. I can take it off easily but it is comfortable to have on many times

1 - 2 of 2 Posts