climate control issues

Discussion in '2011 Dodge Charger Forum' started by David Rainwater, Jun 15, 2017.

1. David Rainwater

David Rainwater New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger Rallye
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2011
    Trim?:
    Rallye
    ok replaced both drivers and passengers side blender door acuators and the one next to the blower motor is working . I have warm air blowing on drivers side and rear vent , and cold air blowing on passenger side . Even tried another heat control and still not working running out of options supposed to deliver the car today . What else could it be

2. djalbin

djalbin Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger R&T STP
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    There's another actuator on the driver side for the mode door ... is this one working?
    There are several HVAC DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes). You can plug a OBD2/CAN scanner into the car's OBD2 port and see if any DTCs have been logged.

3. David Rainwater

David Rainwater New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger Rallye
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2011
    Trim?:
    Rallye
    I did find another actuator just above to the left of the one on the drivers side . Pulled it out and it was grinding . Took it apart and one gear atom was broke along with the gear missing teeth . With it out the drivers side blows nice cold air . So as of now I know it has 4 actuators . Keeping my fingers crossed it comes in today and I can have it back together and working properly . Dealer kept telling me it's the evaporator and other issues $1300 to repair . Keeping my fingers crossed this is it . Thank you