Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased this charger it was a police car. I replaced the cooling fans due to the plastic that holds them in broke and the blades went into the radiator . ( a chance they were binded up while electric was going to them) I have A Code P0480, the Fan kicks on 20 sec after cold start runs constantly and seems to be running at a high speed . Temp sensor good , All relays and fuses are good ,wiring is all good. If I clear the code the engine light and code pops right back on 20 after start along with the fan .

Also no gear indicator PRND and the A/C not working . The fuse block has constant power for the a/c clutch but the switched power from the dash control doesn't seem to work along with the illumination of the heater controls If you jump the relay the A/C works fine . I also noticed the wipers will stop in mid position of the windshield after you turn them off if you jog the switch you can get them back to resting point I am thinking the FCM may be bad .. Anyone ever run into this problem??

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
P0480-COOLING FAN 1 CONTROL CIRCUIT
Set Condition:
An open or shorted circuit is detected in the radiator fan relay control circuit.
Possible Causes:
FUSED (B+) FEED CIRCUITS
RADIATOR FAN CONTROL RELAY CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN
RADIATOR FAN CONTROL RELAY CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND
RADIATOR FAN CONTROL RELAY
FRONT CONTROL MODULE

Reactions: Mikeymike2468

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Set Condition:
An open or shorted circuit is detected in the radiator fan relay control circuit.
Possible Causes:
FUSED (B+) FEED CIRCUITS
FRONT CONTROL MODULE

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Set Condition:
Possible Causes:
FUSED (B+) FEED CIRCUITS
FRONT CONTROL MODULE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.