Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it was possible to have the AC running even if I don’t have it turned on.

It feels like it’s blowing cold air all the time. Maybe I’m not used to having AC in a car because I always drove older Hondas.

The air feels like it’s air conditioned, which I find weird.

It’s got some miles on her and I don’t think the previous owner loved her like I do.

My car knowledge is rather limited, but I repair sorting equipment at work and little niggling things drive me nuts, so I want to know if there is one more thing on my list to repair.

It gives me an excuse to be with her more.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
The fresh air intake into the cabin allows the flow of some air even when the HVAC system is Off. It's for flow-through ventilation through the cabin when the windows are closed & the HVAC is Off. You may be feeling this air flow. The temperature will feel like the outside ambient temperature.
The A/C evaporator is behind the instrument panel. If you have been running the A/C you may feel some cooling, after turning the A/C is turned Off, as air in the cabin moves past the evaporator. This cooling effect should only last until the evaporator reaches cabin temperature.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts