Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about putting in a K&N Cold air intake in my charger to improve overall performance and MPG, I'm really interested in the Blackhawk dry air filter from K&N. any recommendations on CIA's? is it worth it? thanks

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Honestly, nothing matches the stock intake setup that Mopar developed..I know, crazy but true! If you do run aftermarket CAI, best performance ones (w/relatively close to ambient running temps as stock) are going to be "Closed Airbox" setups. I went with the Corsa closed system. It is designed very close to stock where it directly pulls the air from the stock opening at bottom and is completely isolated from filter to throttle body..and it has served me well, with my setup as of now.

Watch R/T Life's vid (youtube) on this subject and it'll make sense, especially explained by the Performance shop that he interviewed. Basically, open or anything that resembles and open setup where your filter and piping to the throttle body is exposed in the engine bay will ALWAYS draw in the hot air from the bay first before drawing and pushing cold air from outside..equals lower HP and overall performance!

To each their own though...just my broke ass half a .01

Reactions: Corey Turner

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly, nothing matches the stock intake setup that Mopar developed..I know, crazy but true! If you do run aftermarket CAI, best performance ones (w/relatively close to ambient running temps as stock) are going to be "Closed Airbox" setups. I went with the Corsa closed system. It is designed very close to stock where it directly pulls the air from the stock opening at bottom and is completely isolated from filter to throttle body..and it has served me well, with my setup as of now.

Watch R/T Life's vid (youtube) on this subject and it'll make sense, especially explained by the Performance shop that he interviewed. Basically, open or anything that resembles and open setup where your filter and piping to the throttle body is exposed in the engine bay will ALWAYS draw in the hot air from the bay first before drawing and pushing cold air from outside..equals lower HP and overall performance!

To each their own though...just my broke ass half a .01
Thanks man for the input! i really appreciate it

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm running Hellcat lower airbox and snorkel with an AFe high flow dry filter. It's a relatively cheap setup. I think Steve White has it the kit, minus the filter. You'll have to pull the bumper though for the snorkel install. Also didn't realize a part of the snorkel opening is behind the grill crosshairs until it was installed! Should still be more airfloe than stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts