Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My side markers are currently tinted and I was thinking about color-matching them Brilliant Black. I just wanna know if anyone has completely color matched their side markers, no decals or cutouts, just completely painted? And if so does light still shine through?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
If you put enough coats on(3 primer, 4-6 color, and 3-4 clear) no light shines through at all.... At all..

·
Registered
835 Posts
I color matched mine Stone White....

I think I put like 3 coats and just a tiny bit of light makes it through.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
If you want them to be blacked out then a primer coat is needed.

I have done them several ways and straight base coats will allow some light through depending on the number of coats. Even after 4 coats you can see the amber light, not much but its there.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you have any pics of blacked out side markers with the light on?

·
Registered
124 Posts
is that illegal?

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
I color matched and airbrushed mine. I also took the bulbs out so I have no light at all coming thru. I dont think its illegal, because you still have the turn signal in your headlight housing. If a cop were to pull you over he would have to prove that it "was" a turn signal.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
In states like NJ, where they have done away with mechanical inspection, cops would be the only problem if they even notice it.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I color matched and airbrushed mine. I also took the bulbs out so I have no light at all coming thru. I dont think its illegal, because you still have the turn signal in your headlight housing. If a cop were to pull you over he would have to prove that it "was" a turn signal.
The marker light is just that a marker/running light and must be visible from the side of the car. You cant see the running light inside the headlight unless you are directly in front of the car. Now granted its up to the officer but if hes walking around your car "looking" for stuff.... he may pick that out and give you a fixit ticket...

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
does anyone have pics of the colored sidemarkers??

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
here is mine

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sick car bro, thanks for the pic

1 - 13 of 13 Posts