Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so ive been reading all over and i heard about the computer reset. So i went outside to do it and the fuses dont match up with what they are telling me to do. I have an 08 R/T, can someone please help me? I have a CAI and a resonator delete. Since ive done these mods i can tell that it feels sluggish. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Thread with abunch of info in it!
http://chargerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=52286&highlight=pulling+fuses

SRT8 PCM Reset Technique..but should work on all LX vehicles.

Step 1:
Open the hood of the vehicle and open the covered fuse box on the passenger side of the vehicle.

Step 2:
Remove the following fuses and set them aside:
11; 14; and 16
These are labeled on the underside of the fuse box cover in a mirrored-layout fashion.
Fuse 16 is a Dark-Blue 15amp fuse found on the far right of the box
Fuse 14 is a Beige color 25amp fuse
Fuse 11 is a Neon Yellow 20amp fuse
Make sure to note the colors...the box lid with the fuse #s reads in reverse and can be confusing.

Side Note on fuse pull:
Some people have stated they have a Beige 25 AMP fuse for #11. Don't understand this..but...don't be shocked.

Step 3:
Insert your key into the ignition and turn the key to "ON" (not "Start"). Wait for the initial sequence of lights and chimes to complete. Do not turn the key to "Off" until you have reached Step 5.

Step 4:
Without turning the key to 'OFF', turn the key to the 'START' position and hold it there until you hear a single chime. The engine will not attempt to start, this is completely normal. After the chime, release the key from the 'START' position back to 'ON' without cycling the key.
Repeat this step one more time, turning the key to 'START' and holding it until you hear the chime. Once the second chime has sounded, cycle the key back to the 'OFF' position and remove your key.

Step 5:
Return to the fuse box under the hood and reinstall the fuses, paying close attention to replacing the correct fuses to their original location. Close up the box, and start your car.

You have now completely reset the PCM's adaptive memory, as well as cleared any stored Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's).

Using this procedure, my car seemed to react a lot better than just the Fuse #11 pull.
1-2 shift was crisper and it seemed more responsive. These are typical things affected by the adaptives, a smooth, sort of slippery (not crisp) 1-2 shift and a relaxed response to throttle, caused by normal daily driving.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I have a 2008 Charger R/T as ofdkellyg. My 11, 14 & 16 are as follows:
11 - 30A - ABS system
14 - 60A - Radiator fan
16 - (Not a fuse, it's a relay)
Would it be better to just pull the neg on the battery or what are the R/T equiv on the fuses?
THanks!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
^^^^^ X2 on that, I'm curious too:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
223 Posts
YES... disconnect the Neg on the battery for about 10 mins!

works the same as the fuse pull....will reset the adaptive learning!
If you have the Predator, you can rest the TCM adaptives in the Quick adjust area as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so i didn't the neg. terminal pull yesterday and i definitely feel a difference. Before it was hesitating when jumping on the highway using the auto stick. Much better thanks guys

·
Registered
135 Posts
So, in the end, is there any difference between the fuse-pull method and just disconnecting the battery for 10 mins? If not, the disconnect sounds a lot easier (though you do have to wait 10 mins I guess).

·
Registered
63 Posts
The only problem with the battery pull is that you'll lose other memory type stuff like settings on your radio and whatnot, GPS, ect... It still has the same end result as far as clearing the adaptives.

-Jake

·
Registered
245 Posts
Is this just for your stock tune?
I have mine set to 93 CAI tune on my diablo and modified a few parameters-most notably turning the MDs off and it's going really high in the rpms before shifting in 3, 4 and 5 gears.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the info, man. Can you please tell me what those fuse numbers (11, 14 and 16) goes to in your car so I'll be able to get the equivalent to my car (2007 Dodge Charger SXT) in order to get the most benefit out of the procedure? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thread with abunch of info in it!
http://chargerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=52286&highlight=pulling+fuses

SRT8 PCM Reset Technique..but should work on all LX vehicles.

Step 1:
Open the hood of the vehicle and open the covered fuse box on the passenger side of the vehicle.

Step 2:
Remove the following fuses and set them aside:
11; 14; and 16
These are labeled on the underside of the fuse box cover in a mirrored-layout fashion.
Fuse 16 is a Dark-Blue 15amp fuse found on the far right of the box
Fuse 14 is a Beige color 25amp fuse
Fuse 11 is a Neon Yellow 20amp fuse
Make sure to note the colors...the box lid with the fuse #s reads in reverse and can be confusing.

Side Note on fuse pull:
Some people have stated they have a Beige 25 AMP fuse for #11. Don't understand this..but...don't be shocked.

Step 3:
Insert your key into the ignition and turn the key to "ON" (not "Start"). Wait for the initial sequence of lights and chimes to complete. Do not turn the key to "Off" until you have reached Step 5.

Step 4:
Without turning the key to 'OFF', turn the key to the 'START' position and hold it there until you hear a single chime. The engine will not attempt to start, this is completely normal. After the chime, release the key from the 'START' position back to 'ON' without cycling the key.
Repeat this step one more time, turning the key to 'START' and holding it until you hear the chime. Once the second chime has sounded, cycle the key back to the 'OFF' position and remove your key.

Step 5:
Return to the fuse box under the hood and reinstall the fuses, paying close attention to replacing the correct fuses to their original location. Close up the box, and start your car.

You have now completely reset the PCM's adaptive memory, as well as cleared any stored Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's).

Using this procedure, my car seemed to react a lot better than just the Fuse #11 pull.
1-2 shift was crisper and it seemed more responsive. These are typical things affected by the adaptives, a smooth, sort of slippery (not crisp) 1-2 shift and a relaxed response to throttle, caused by normal daily driving.
Thanks for the info, man. Can you please tell me what those fuse numbers (11, 14 and 16) goes to in your car so I'll be able to get the equivalent to my car (2007 Dodge Charger SXT) in order to get the most benefit out of the procedure? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aloha, I have a 2008 SE Dodge Charger, will this method also reset my alarm system for my car, so that it works again? I have tryed all methods and am unable to arm my , security alarm system?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts