Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a regular 2016 RT ( not the road and track version). I have seen people say that when its open diff 2.62 and you do a burn out that you only get one wheel burn out. But I have tried numerous burn outs and my car clearly leaves 2 lines.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Regular R/T's have 2.62 open diffs from the factory. Mine would sometimes spin both, but most times it wouldn't. I noticed it mostly when I went through a water puddle and stepped on it, then only one wheel would spin.

You can check your build sheet for details too. I sent for one from Chrysler and they e-mailed me one in less than 24 hours. It was cool because I was able to see every option.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I found this online:

Send an E-mail to: [email protected] with your complete serial number and request a "Build Sheet" They will reply within a day or two with a complete listing of all sales codes and descriptions of all items used in building your van. Be sure to reply to their Customer Survey follow up.

·
Registered
237 Posts
People call the 15 up R/T auto differentials. ‘Open ‘ Dodge calls them conventional.. my 18 R/T would leave 2 tire marks stock . car now has 3.09 LSD and leaves 2 tire marks . confused....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Open, peg leg and conventional are all the same term. For full time two tire smoky burnouts, you need a limited slip differential. Yes, on a rare occasion, the open diff may actually spin both, mine did too and I had the same old lame 2.62 conventional rear end. When 1 wheel is spinning, the other side is called into action to help, sometimes they just happen to be together, but not like the LSD, which will be all the time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Regular R/T's have 2.62 open diffs from the factory. Mine would sometimes spin both, but most times it wouldn't. I noticed it mostly when I went through a water puddle and stepped on it, then only one wheel would spin.

You can check your build sheet for details too. I sent for one from Chrysler and they e-mailed me one in less than 24 hours. It was cool because I was able to see every option.
That list shows you different own options you have?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts