Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally awakened my 2012 Police Pursuit Charger 5.7L from its long winter nap, and now the fun begins. I bought this car last July, and the guy I bought it from installed a civilian console in it. My first question is: why don't the sides mate up with the center stack (see photo)? Is there something missing? Which leads me to my second question: What model car is this console from? Is it possibly from a Chrysler 300?

I just bought a 5 speed floor shifter on Ebay, because that's one of the first mods I want to do, and then I noticed that my console has no window to show gear selection. So maybe this console is from a car with an 8 speed trans? I know the shifter plate (cover?) can be swapped out, but my main concern right now is why the sides of the console don't mate up with the dash.

·
Registered
66 Posts
That appears to be a Chrysler center console.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can it be adapted to fit my 2012 Charger? Or would I be better off trying to find an actual Charger console?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Disregard my last post - I just purchased a complete console w/shifter and cable from a '14 R/T on Ebay. I'll try to sell my 300 console to help offset the cost. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
66 Posts
There you go. I paid about $220 for mine out of a 2016. Just installed it. Wires didn't match up but I rewired it myself.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Good luck with yours. I had to keep the original USB/Aux hub. The only thing on the transplant that I wired was the cig port and the light for the cup holders. None of the transplants USB ports work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you're referring to the Charger console (pictured w/the shifter), I bought it on Ebay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts