Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I just want to get some experts advice before I go to the dealership to have it check so I will know what to ask or demand from them.

Brief Background:
I got the car last October 9 with 30km on it. I drive around and on 72km my car overheated. When I checked, the belt was cut off and torn into pieces. So the next day I brought it to the dealership, it turns out that there's a factory defect on the alternator pulley. It was bent a little so thats how the belt escaped and eventually torn apart. So everything was fixed by the dealer they changed the alternator, belt and tensioner pulley.

Now to the problem:
When i got to work today, i parked my car and smoke a cigarette then I noticed that there was water/coolant spilling under my engine bay after i shut the car off. So i checked right away if my car was overheating but its not. All temperature was normal.

My question is was it normal that coolant overflows without the engine overheating? Can this be an effect of what previously happened? What should i ask the dealer to check?

Here is the video of the water spill for reference (apologies for the portrait setting):
http://youtu.be/wJzaQsQLqN8

·
Registered
674 Posts
I'm thinking that maybe they overfilled your overflow radiator reserve and it was just purging itself. Open it up and check the level periodically.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking that maybe they overfilled your overflow radiator reserve and it was just purging itself. Open it up and check the level periodically.

Fishound I already checked and refilled it twice since they repaired it. Levels got low so I refilled it and this overflowing just happens today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts