Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Fam, 2011 R/T is pushing coolant out the reservoir overflow tube but is not over heating, only starts to leak after thermostat opens up. Has anyone else ever ran into this situation? Did a pressure test and found nothing. Fan is kicking on at 221° but only on low, if I turn the ac on the fan will kick on high. Car is bone stock no tuner no previous work performed like a thermostat or water pump. Need some input on what it could possibly be or is this normal for this car on the fans? Seeing how it's a single fan, is it possible to do a dual fan swap like the pursuit package. If so, how do I go about doing it. I do plan to replace the fan relays today to see what happens. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
It could be the pressure cap on the reservoir. This cap releases pressure at some point within a range of 16-21 psi. The pressure relief point (in pounds) is engraved on top of the cap.
The cap contains a spring-loaded pressure relief valve. This valve opens when system pressure reaches the release point. The cap relief valve may be getting weak and not holding pressure or the cap's rubber gasket is not holding a tight seal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts