Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright everybody me and the family (my wife and my 5 & 3 year old girls)are driving from San Diego,CA to Jacksonville, FL! Gonna be my first time doing this , my longest road trip was from San Diego to Lompoc , I averaged 34 MPG . This was before all the mods I did. So it's gonna be interesting to see what I get this time. Hoping it improves. I have the Force 2 flowmaster system, Airaid CAI, Throttle body spacer, Diablo Intune . I also have the TV's in the headrest for the kids with separate DVD player for them, while my wife can watch dvd's in the front. Just hoping and praying all goes well in this trip. Got new tires got an alignment and got and oil change . I was thinking about getting a transmission oil change aswell . thinking about going royal purple . I got 38,100 miles on her now. Thoughts on what tune I should use for better MPG anyone?

·
12,921 Posts
That's going to be quite a trip, but it sounds like you're all set. I don't know for sure, but my guess would be that the factory tune will result in the best gas mileage.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I averaged 34 MPG .
Good luck on your trip and have fun. I'm curious about the mileage figure. Was that what the computer said or did you manually record the miles & gallons and do the math? If it was the computer it's likely 10% higher than you actually got. At least that's how mine reads when I do the math for an exact figure and compare it to the computer.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Drive safe man, be careful! Start out with your tune you normally use and see how she does.
Give truckers the lights when you can to give the OK for them to change lanes, and keep the shiny side up and catch you on the flip side!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Have a fun trip, being retired military I have made the east to west and west to east coast trip 4 times (2 boys, wife and dog). Take your time and have fun!!

With regards to the tune, the Factory 87 tune will give the best gas mileage IMO, but pick one and stick with it. When I travel, especially during the winter months I do not run the 93 Octane because I can never tell when I will hit a gas station that only has 91 Octane. And I never change tunes on the road just in case something happens with the tuner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts