Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are any performance shops in Arkansas that do dyno tuning? I live near little rock.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
So...did google not produce any results when you searched??

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I agree w/mofogo! I'm just quite shocked that there are ZERO performance shops ANYWHERE in Arkansas!! What, does everyone there drive Prius's??

Reactions: mofogo

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Reactions: mofogo

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gwatney does not do custom dyno tuning. And dyno and performance does not do dodges. Those were the only 2 I found when I googled and used mapquest. But that speedshopsource you shared has places that did not show up in my searches. So thanks for sharing that. I found one in siloam springs which is only about an hour and a half away.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Gwatney does not do custom dyno tuning. And dyno and performance does not do dodges. Those were the only 2 I found when I googled and used mapquest. But that speedshopsource you shared has places that did not show up in my searches. So thanks for sharing that. I found one in siloam springs which is only about an hour and a half away.
Good deal! Glad that you were able to find one...again, I didn't call any of these, just what came up when I did a quick search...that sucks that shops out your way don't do cross-platforms, as here in Colo, most performance shops will work on and or run any performance based car on the dynos!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wish ours did. There is a very good ls tuner in little rock about 30 mins from me. Hes supposed to be one of the best hp tuners in Arkansas but only does ls engines. Mopar tuning is apparently not all that popular around here. I had my 06 Daytona custom tuned when I was in Georgia working a few months ago but recently swapped my 282s out for some 3.90s. So now my shift points are way off.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
If you do go that route, which I have personally done many times and can benefit you immensely, You will need a hand-held tuner (Diablosport, Bully Dog, SCT, etc...) in order to "write" the tunes to your PCM....in essence, You put the tune to the car that is dialed out specifically for your setup that was performed by the Dyno and the "Tuner" at another location..and happy days!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
If you do go that route, which I have personally done many times and can benefit you immensely, You will need a hand-held tuner (Diablosport, Bully Dog, SCT, etc...) in order to "write" the tunes to your PCM....in essence, You put the tune to the car that is dialed out specifically for your setup that was performed by the Dyno and the "Tuner" at another location..and happy days!!
HP tuners works well too, and no need to buy a handheld.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Not familiar with a remote tune, what is that?
An email custom tune will allow you to get a custom tune when you don't have access to a dyno or a shop that does not know Hemi engines (tuning a Hemi engine is not the same as tuning a LS engine).
Using the hand-held tuner, that plugs into your car's OBD2 port, you record some live data logs. A closed-loop data log (normal driving where the PCM uses the O2 sensors to adjust fuel trim) and a open-loop data log (WOT where the PCM uses predefined settings for fuel trim). You email these logs to the tuning person who emails you back a custom tune to write to your car's PCM. You then collect some more data logs to send the tuning person who analyzes the logs and sends you a revised tune. You repeat this process until the custom tune is dialed-in to the modifications (if any) you have made to the engine (including intake & exhaust).

I use HemiFever Tuning https://www.hemifevertuning.com/Default.asp

Reactions: MadMaxx

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
HP tuners works well too, and no need to buy a handheld.
HP Tuners is amazing, however what the OP is looking for, he can get for a lot less with a hand-held and an emailed tune...plus, he doesn't need an unlocked PCM like the '15+ Chargers...but to each their own...

Reactions: MXS67454

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a predator. But the dyno tunes shift points I have on the car now are way off since I swapped the 3.90 gears in so I cant drive it around to get data logs. If I I just drive it normally, it will drive but shifts are very hard and way high in the rpms. If i get on it, it down shifts extremely rough and then will not up shift until I let off the throttle. Browning performance tuning in moultrie Georgia is where I had it tuned. https://www.facebook.com/707413819391194/posts/1643274959138404/ 312.5hp to the wheels and 309 tq. Only mods are high flow k&n air filter and straights from the cats back.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He did good on mine. He is just 12 hours away from where I am now since im back home. He emailed me the corrected tune but I have no one to flash it to my car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts