Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasnt sure where to put this but I figured someone would be able to help or point me in the right direction. I recently lowered my car and then about a week later my passenger rear cv boot axle started to spew grease everywhere. Dodge wont cover it because they say the car being lowered it caused since the boot was rubbing on the shaft. While the boot is close to strut shaft it does no rub. They said the left is rubbing and if it were my question is why hasnt it failed by now.

1. Is it possible that lowering caused this?
2. Where can i find the rear axle shaft for a 2018 Charger ScatPack i have looked everywhere

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Very, among other possibilities. You say it isn't rubbing at the moment (static I assume), but have you put the suspension through it's range of motion to make sure?
2. Look harder lol (took me 30sec): 2018 DODGE CHARGER 6.4L V8 CV Axle | RockAuto
Probably should have said I can't find any aftermarket ones. Was looking for ones cheaper than 400 but so far that's all I've found. Also no I haven't put suspension through range of motion I installed the coilovers then went down highway at about 100 just to see how it felt and noticed the grease. I assumed if it was rubbing the other side would have an issue as well and the driver side is fine

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Probably should have said I can't find any aftermarket ones. Was looking for ones cheaper than 400 but so far that's all I've found. Also no I haven't put suspension through range of motion I installed the coilovers then went down highway at about 100 just to see how it felt and noticed the grease. I assumed if it was rubbing the other side would have an issue as well and the driver side is fine
Not necessarily, was it the inner boot or the outer boot?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts