Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn pink thingy tried to ruin a great day :TD: or maybe it was some kind of Bermuda triangle spot in the parking lot.......You be the judge....Well the day is going great so far shopping with the wife and our youngest son as we leave target I notice two cars had backed into each other right in front of where we parked and I say "wow sucks to be them cause thats a bad dent". Stranger even the way they hit each other one car is now blocking another woman from leaving her spot because the drivers are arguing and wont move until the police arrive....damn sucks for her too right. After putting the bags away we get ready to go and I go to shift into reverse and nadda so I try again and again then it hits me...."Damn pink thingy!!!". I grab my phone and hit up google then youtube for a temp fix cause my wife is freaking out because the kids get out of school in 25mins and we are on the other side of the county.

We run inside to get a flathead and I say "Looks like all that time I spent on the forums paid off, huh" :D Husband +1 and Wife 499...then she replies "if you knew about this thingy why didn't you tell me before I bought the car so we could already have the new peice"....Husband 0 and Wife 500...oh well. After about 2 minutes of tinkering we are back in action.

I really don't understand why Dodge wont issue a recall for this crap...I feel bad for people who go to the dealer and get screwed over for hundreds for a $20 replacement part shame on you Dodge

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
If my memory is intact this morning Hawkeye4077 posted a TSB.about. a vin based recall or something. Camocharger posted a thread also for people to post the milage when your failure occured. Last time i looked, it seemed to vary quite a bit.

·
Registered
507 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
There was a recall on the Avengers for that pink thing. I actually posted a how-to video on how to fix it when mine broke a couple years ago. I'd be surprised if they neglected to do the same for the Chargers.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
If I'm reading this right, a 2010 won't have this issue?

·
Registered
14,955 Posts
This is one of those things that never happens at a opportune time, so I just went ahead and replaced mine a coupke of years ago to save myself the hassle.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Yeah bro this issue is only on model years 06' and '07
Oh hell, I have a billet tech replacement right by me lmao.

Well here's something to sell.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Do we know what they are replacing it with?

I mean, if they're just throwing another "pink thingy" in, I'd just as soon buy the BT piece and install it myself.

·
Registered
507 Posts
It is made of a different substance. I assume it is the same as the 08's and above.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Even more strange, open my center console up to check the wiring on this "ESP" switch (bought it with it) find out the switch is running wires all the way into the engine bay.... weird... so I go to put everything back together and I notice my cables hanging...why??? Because there is no pink thing... somehow it was rigged and I knocked the cable loose...And now the car dont start... my life

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
On topic: you can also fix the park lockout permanently by using a thick cotter pin iirc. 2 min and 10 cents later and blamo you're in business.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Damn pink thingy tried to ruin a great day 🇹🇩 or maybe it was some kind of Bermuda triangle spot in the parking lot.......You be the judge....Well the day is going great so far shopping with the wife and our youngest son as we leave target I notice two cars had backed into each other right in front of where we parked and I say "wow sucks to be them cause thats a bad dent". Stranger even the way they hit each other one car is now blocking another woman from leaving her spot because the drivers are arguing and wont move until the police arrive....damn sucks for her too right. After putting the bags away we get ready to go and I go to shift into reverse and nadda so I try again and again then it hits me...."Damn pink thingy!!!". I grab my phone and hit up google then youtube for a temp fix cause my wife is freaking out because the kids get out of school in 25mins and we are on the other side of the county.

We run inside to get a flathead and I say "Looks like all that time I spent on the forums paid off, huh" :D Husband +1 and Wife 499...then she replies "if you knew about this thingy why didn't you tell me before I bought the car so we could already have the new peice"....Husband 0 and Wife 500...oh well. After about 2 minutes of tinkering we are back in action.

I really don't understand why Dodge wont issue a recall for this crap...I feel bad for people who go to the dealer and get screwed over for hundreds for a $20 replacement part shame on you Dodge
What year is your car? What mileage did it break at?
2015 41,000 Mi I just received a document from the dealer saying "The brake release solenoid was intermittently inop. Solenoid only serviceable with shifter assembly." Im happy it was covered and that it was not more series! I felt So damn helpless! Years passed there was Nothing I could not replace or repair!!

I asked the service manager why when I called in Twice and talked to 2 different service personnel and asked if there was Anything I could do? They did not hesitate to tell my No there was nothing I could do!! They were ill informed! I could have used a manual lever to shift it into Neutral and push it out of everyone's was to a safer location!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts