Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New to the forums here so I apologize if I'm in the wrong section. I got an 18' charger R/T last month as a downgrade from a 18' SS 1LE so I'm new to the mopar game. I have to say, I love the car so much even though its a bit of a step down in terms of performance compared to the Camaro. Anywho...I noticed the other day that sometimes I will get a slight rattle that lasts maybe half a second when it does happen, coming from the driver's side underside of the dash. My suspisions are that its a rattle coming from the e brake (which I use proficiently). I have tried jiggling the e brake and there is not really TOO much lag room, maybe a few centimeters or so, but could still be enough to rattle if I go over a bump for instance. I could be wrong though, not 100% sure its the e brake pedal. Is anyone else having this issue? I tried looking everywhere amd could'nt find anything. Any input would be greatly apreciated, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out the active exhaust. The baffles sometimes rattle.
Its definitely inside the cabin. Actually when I close the driver's door it makes the same road rattle mentioned in the post above sounds like its coming from the the 11 o clock direction in the dashboard when seated in the driver's seat.

·
851 Posts
look in the pillar by the windshield. I had a rattle from a loose clip in there a few years back. drove me nuts for a month before I found it. Take care though, that pillar contains an airbag.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’ve got a 2018 Rt as well, I never had a rattle but since I put my catless midpipes on i year a rattle at about 2500-3000 rpms in 2nd and 3rd gear. I believe it’s the mirror but I’m not to sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts