Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read Only
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously I can't take it anymore! Every bump in the road unleashes a new squeak or noise from dash or rear deck of the car. I can't believe how poorly this thing is put together. Anyone else have experience with this? What did you do to fix it? I push on my side pillars, the plastic up near the windshield, the glove box, random places on the dash, areas near the child seat anchors in the rear deck.. it all squeaks! This car sounds like a 50 year old rust box! It's embarrassing!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've noticed mine is worse when it's cold outside. Definitely annoying!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I pulled the instrument cluster out and removed the glove box to install soft foam between the HVAC plumbing and the top of the dash. My dash bounced a lot over bumps. Now it is solid and quiet. I also discovered that pushing on the top of the dash above the instruments would quiet the noise.

I used heavy zip ties to connect the firewall mount for the pedal assembly to the front of the dash. I basically pulled the dash tight into the firewall. This removed all of the squeak, no matter the outside temperature.

·
Read Only
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I pulled the instrument cluster out and removed the glove box to install soft foam between the HVAC plumbing and the top of the dash. My dash bounced a lot over bumps. Now it is solid and quiet. I also discovered that pushing on the top of the dash above the instruments would quiet the noise.

I used heavy zip ties to connect the firewall mount for the pedal assembly to the front of the dash. I basically pulled the dash tight into the firewall. This removed all of the squeak, no matter the outside temperature.

That's great advice, thank you! I'll go the video route first and follow up with your suggestions!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Seriously I can't take it anymore! Every bump in the road unleashes a new squeak or noise from dash or rear deck of the car. I can't believe how poorly this thing is put together. Anyone else have experience with this? What did you do to fix it? I push on my side pillars, the plastic up near the windshield, the glove box, random places on the dash, areas near the child seat anchors in the rear deck.. it all squeaks! This car sounds like a 50 year old rust box! It's embarrassing!
Yes , Dash squeaks, I bought a rubber gap seal for dash and stuffed it in. worked. after going to dealer for airbag recall it squeaks again so when it warms up im taking the dash out to reevaluate

1 - 8 of 8 Posts