Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Haven't posted on here in a while, but I just had to share the nightmare I have been and am currently experiencing with my 2015 SRT392 and the service department at Landmark Atlanta.

So as stated, my car is a 2015 and has approximately 27,000 miles on it, and is still under the powertrain warranty for about another year. 2.5 months ago I brought the car in for the airbag recall and figured that while I was doing that I would see if they could fix the shift lag issue which is a pretty common problem with these cars. For those of you that don't know, basically on the very first shift between first and second gear, there would be a lag and the transmission would remain in neutral a little too long between the shift. This only ever happened on the very first shift when the car was cold, as when the transmission got any warmth to it, the issue would not repeat until the next time there was a cold start. Not a major issue, but I figured while I was bringing the car in for the recall, and since it was still under powertrain warranty, I would get this fixed.

First, it took a week if not a little longer for service to even look at the car and I really think they only looked at it when they did because I kept calling. So after about two weeks they tell me they were going to perform the recalibration of the transmission software, which is known not to work most of the time, but is part of the process they have to go through. So I finally get the car back on about week three, and recalibrating the software did absolutely nothing. Car still had the exact same problem. So I bring it back the same day I picked it up and about a week later they tell me they're going to replace the valve body, which according to this forum and others is supposed to fix the problem. So they order the valve body, it arrives in about a day or two, but they tell me it came in broken and they'll have to order a second one. The second part gets there a day or two later, and they tell me the second part was also broken, but that the technician "thinks" he can fix the broken part and I can get my car back the next day, or they can order a third valve body, but for some reason they won't be able to get the part in for two weeks. Seems ridiculous, but they gave me Wrangler as a loaner vehicle that I was enjoying driving in the spring weather, and since I didn't want a broken part put in my car, I opted for ordering the third valve body.

The third valve body actually came in intact, but took three weeks to get there. So they put the third valve body in, but then call me to get my permission to drive the car. This seems like a really odd request so when I inquire further, they tell me that the shop foreman has to take the car on a 100 to 200 mile test drive and do some insanely complicated procedure so the computer can relearn all the gears. They tell me that only the shop foreman can do this. So about another week goes by and I don't hear from them and at this point I start talking directly to the manager as the service technician I was dealing with was hardly ever there. The manager tells me that delay is because the shop foreman is too busy to be able to spend the amount of time on my car that it needs.

At this point my patience is starting to wear out, so I contact Dodge directly and get them involved. At this point the dealership had had my car for right at two months. Dodge wrote me a check for two months of my car payments since the dealership it had my car so long. So after a few more days I call to get an update on the car, and the manager tells me that because the shop foreman couldn't be spared, he tried to do the reprogramming himself and didn't do it properly. After I ***** enough, the shop foreman finally takes the car out to do the reprogramming, and gets rear-ended. I'm pretty pissed, but the damage is about as minor as it could be, but the foreman got a police report so now I have to deal with the diminished value of my car because the wreck is going to show up on a Carfax. I start negotiations directly with Dodge on how they're going to reimburse me for this.

Following this, the last time I spoke with the manager or the service rep was on a Friday, I call Monday for an update and both the manager and the service rep are "no longer employed by the dealership". I don't know if it had anything to do with my situation, but I don't really care. So I get a call from the dealership about four days later saying my car is ready to be picked up. I asked this new guy twice if the bumper has been repaired and repainted and he assures me it has. I use my lunch break to go and pick up the car, go to the counter to get my keys, and they try to charge me $267 for a battery. Turns out the car had been sitting for so long the battery died and they had to put a new one in it to be able to do the transmission test. This really passes me off and I say you know what just let me go see the damn car, and of course when I find the car in the back of the lot it has not been touched, still damaged from the wreck.

Following this I storm right back into the dealership and demand to speak to whoever the highest ranking employee is, which ultimately was the GM of the dealership. He had no idea that any of this had gone on, but promised me he would fix everything. So I finally get the car back on Tuesday of this week, and the transmission is now worse than when I brought it in. If you accelerate not hard, but about 50 to 60% throttle, about half way through the revs in first gear, the car just shifts into neutral and acts like it doesn't know what gear to go into and stays in neutral for a few seconds until you take your foot off the gas. The shift into neutral is very jarring, something I would compare to missing a shift in a manual transmission car while accelerating hard. So now after having my car for about 2.5 months, I'm having to take it back again.

So far, Dodge has offered me a three year bumper-to-bumper warranty on top of the warranty left on the car, or a $2500 trade allowance if I just wanted to get rid of the car. I haven't even had the car a year, so I told him to give me the warranty and a set of the five spoke Hellcat/SRT wheels, so I could have one set of all season tires and one set of summer tires I could easily swap out. The guy from Dodge tells me he's trying to get this approved but it's been about three days and I haven't heard from him.

Just figured I let you guys know what I've been experiencing I will try and keep you updated as I'm bringing the car back to the dealership today.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I would go over the dealer’s head to FCA Customer Care. Send them a copy of this post. Get the trans fixed the way you want. It’s fixable...or tell them to replace it.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Wow man...that completely sucks, and unfortunately just another reason to NEVER have a stealership do any work on the car outside of any recalls!!

I would totally take Billet's advise and contact FCA about this and take it to the absolute highest that you can get it, and they'll get all this taken care of.....at least in theory!

·
Registered
948 Posts
That really sucks bad. Can't do anything about the past, so here's hoping you get treated like the King of Mopar for the remainder of your experience

·
851 Posts
It's time for the district rep to get involved. I went through a mess like this, but ended up getting a 7 year, 100k bumper to bumper warranty, and like you got my "time in shop" car payments taken care of. SRT customer service is so much better than the regular CS.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would go over the dealer’s head to FCA Customer Care. Send them a copy of this post. Get the trans fixed the way you want it or tell them to replace it with a Hellcat trans!
SRT Customer Service is who I meant when I said I've been dealing with Dodge directly. They have been pretty good. They wrote me that check with almost no questions asked, but they are about to have to write me another one.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Wow, just wow.. sorry man. Good advise above above though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts