Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys!!!

Has anyone with a Daytona debadged their trunk? I want to take that Rams head emblem of but Im afraid that while trying to remove I will mess up the flat black decal that is on all the Daytona's. Would love any help on this.

Thanks!
--Chris

·
Registered
10,014 Posts
Yeah I debadged mine when I had a Daytona, it is best done on a warm day with plenty of patience. be careful using a heat gun or hair dryer be cause it can release the adhesive of the blackout. Also MOST IMPORTANTLY do not use goo be gone or anything like that on the oem decal, it can and usually will fade it instantly. just some soapy water and elbow grease. If you have any questions let me know

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Very good advice!^^^^^

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I debadged mine when I had a Daytona, it is best done on a warm day with plenty of patience. be careful using a heat gun or hair dryer be cause it can release the adhesive of the blackout. Also MOST IMPORTANTLY do not use goo be gone or anything like that on the oem decal, it can and usually will fade it instantly. just some soapy water and elbow grease. If you have any questions let me know
Awesome, thanks man for the info! Its beginning to cool down here now so I need to get this done soon! Again thanks for the info! :TU:

·
Registered
10,014 Posts
I would face the ass end of the car towards the sun for a few hours it will heat it up plenty, just remember slow and steady pressure, if you see the blackout coming free stop immediately

1 - 5 of 5 Posts