Diablosport or Tranzformer

Discussion in 'Charger Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7L HEMI' started by ummad72, Mar 25, 2015.

1. ummad72

ummad72 New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger 07 R/T
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Hey gang, long time reader and since i dont have a lot of experience, not alot of posting. I came across some articles regarding the tranzformer unit and it seems like a lot of cool things one can do with it. Obviously Diablo sport would be awesome for a lot of tuning capability but i dont think one can do things like linelock, launch control and burnout mode, etc. that tranzformer can do. is that correct? Also, i would like to get the diablo sport eventually, is tranzformer a good investment ? anything i should be worried about with it.

Thanks a ton.

2007 Charger R/T
    CAI (Hood Shaker), Catback.

2. Davids2013chargerrt

Davids2013chargerrt Member

Vehicle:
    Charger R/T AWD
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Silver Steel
    There are some differences with the Tranzformer on the Chargers before 2011 and those after. Seems that the newer ones like mine have to be 2012 and up to get the SRT Pages. I have heard that Zautotech has been working on some software upgrades for the older cars on the Tranzformer, I have the TranzformerII. If you have not done it, best to go to Zautotech.com and read about what the unit can do for you.

As to the DiabloSport. I have the Trinity and was kind of disappointed as about all I had was the Canned Tunes and limited options I could modify. I went and bought a custom tune from one of the certified custom tuners that knows the Charger Hemi and I have to say that after a few Data Logs the car is awesome. I have a 2013 Charger R/T AWD and they are one heavy boat, especially with the 100 pound sub I have in the trunk and my rather large frame. Thanks to the SRT pages I could see that I am just over 405 hp in Drive.

So you have the Tranzformer which is mainly for controlling the shifts of the transmission and then you have the Diablo Sport which is basically for the Engine and PCM and will let you get custom tunes for a price. Good luck with whatever you choose. I do believe that your RWD 2007 model is a lot lighter than my 2013 and I have been told you can really get your motor to perform.

3. ummad72

ummad72 New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger 07 R/T
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Thanks David, I appreciate the feedback. I did read up on it and think that i might enjoy things like line lock, burnout mode and such. The data sheet for Diablo does claim to get (i believe) 20-40 HP) if you have a CAI and bigger exhaust pipes (Which i have both of) if you put on the 91 cai tune. I would like to be able to turn off MDS and speed governor with it.
    I think i am going to try our the tranzformer first and then add the diablosport tuner after that.

4. Davids2013chargerrt

Vehicle:
    Charger R/T AWD
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Silver Steel
    You have the RWD so you can do the line lock thing. My car with the AWD could only do it if I lock out the AWD with the Traction Control off.

I did use the Trinity to turn off the MDS and drove the car for about two weeks. I noticed that the gas mileage was so bad that you could almost see the fuel gage needle drop while driving the car. So I opted to turn it back on and only turn if off at the Track.

You are more fortunate than I am as with the 2011 + vehicles they do not include a CAI tune at all.... I was told by members that the only difference with the 91 Tune and the 91 CAI Tune was that the latter was a bit richer. So I richened it up as best I could. However, nothing made the car perform as well as when I got a custom tune and got it tuned in correctly.

Good luck with your Mods.. keep us posted.

5. ummad72

ummad72 New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger 07 R/T
    Trim?:
    R/T
    unfortunately i couldn't pull up a good tuning facility in Columbus, but my search of the board found a reference to a great guy / company in Cleveland. I would just hate to have to go there for multiple tune updates :)

6. Davids2013chargerrt

Vehicle:
    Charger R/T AWD
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Silver Steel
    If you have the Intune or Trinity you can have a Tuner named Johan do a custom tune for you. His email address is diablotoona@gmail.com. He is based in Florida and he takes donations for his tunes. He says to give him anywhere from $100 to $600 depending upon how severe the mods are. My car was mildly modded with just an Cat Back Exhaust and CAI. What you do is send him a copy of the Data Log of your present Tune you are running at the time, be it the stock tune or one of the DiabloSport Canned Tunes. I was running a slightly modified 91 Octane Tune. I sent it to him early in the morning and by 10:00 am I had my first tune. What you have to do is to install the tune and drive if for a couple of days to let the car adapt to it. Then you do a Data Log on the first Custom Tune and email that to him as an attachment. He will review it and probably send you another tune to load and test. I had three tunes and as they say Third Time was a charm. My AWD launches like a rocket and is close to doing the 0 to 60 time in the four second range. This is with a 4500 lb car with a 100 lb sub in the trunk and a big fat 278 lb driver.. Ha ha ha. There is only the charger for the first Tune and no additional charge for the subsequent tunes. You will know when the car is at its max and when you send him the Data Log on that one he will let you know that the car is at max or will send you another tune to try. He is a really nice guy and very easy to do business with. He is a Hemi Expert and considered one of the two best tuners in the US. I am glad that a member recommended him to me as I am so happy with my tune in the car. If I do any more Mods like Headers I will certainly go to him and get another Custom Tune. Oh.. when you order the tune you give him a list of the Mods on your car and also what you hope to achieve and how you would like the car to respond in Drive and Autostick with and without Sport Mode.

My previous car was a 2008 Mustang that was pretty well modded with a radical Comp Cams cam, Kooks Headers, High Flow cats and I had to have the car Dyno Tuned as the canned tunes from American Muscle who specialize in Mustangs were not cutting it. The cost for the first tune was $600 and if the car needed to go back on the Dyno the cost as $350. So Johan's cost of a $100 was dirt cheap in my estimate. Also he works on Challenger and Chargers at his shop and so his tunes are Dyno Developed. He is also a consultant to DiabloSport and often answers questions about the Trinity and Intune in their Forums.

If you choose to go with him he will send you a set of instructions on Data Logging, uploading and downloading custom tunes to the Predator, Intune and Trinity.

Good luck with whatever you choose. My recommendation if you decide to go with Johan, load the canned tunes in your car and see how you like them. Then contact Johan and let him now the facts concerning your car and you will also be in a position to evaluate the Custom Tune he sends you in comparison to the DiabloSports Canned Tunes. I am not sure if Joe at Zautotech.com will have put new firmware with the SRT Pages for the pre 2011 cars. I know in my case the SRT Pages along with the 0 to 60 mph times helped me to know if the tune was going in the right direction or not and I let Johan know my findings, which he could see in the Data Log. The Intune is very easy to Data Log with. It is not as compliated as the Trinity. If you have the Trinity there may be a tuner file that you can use. In my case I had to choose Create a Tune each time and then selet the 07 and newer Hemi Tuner Parameter selection and then told the Trinity that I wanted it the Parameters rather than just monitor them. And remember to do a save of the Data Log with a name of your choice before you unplug the Tuner. It will prompt you to do so. However I was so preoccupied once that I forgot to save the Data Log to a file inside my Trinity and I unplugged it. I realized my mistake when I plugged the Trinity into my laptop and the Data Log I just did was not there.. .Boo Hoo.... So I had wasted an hour doing that Data Log and had to go out again and do it all over again. All Johan will need is to get some WOT runs in the first to second and second to third shifts , which will get you around 70 mph. If you choose to continue with a third to fourth shift and a fourth to fifth shift go for it. I do not have a road that I would feel that comfortable going that fast and risking a ticket. You are lucky in the you can get a Performance TCM for your car as they are only available for the up to 2010 vehicles.. .Boo Hoo again. If you get one leave the stock one in place, unplug the connectors and plug them into the new TCM and go off and drive so the car can learn.

One thing is if you download the install instructions for the Tranzformer it shows you how to remove the lower panel to get access to the TCM which you need to do to install a Tranzformer.

Good luck.. Hope all this helps you.

7. Daylite

Daylite New Member Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2011
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Bright White
    what is the srt pages and how does it work on the r/t with a tuner

t

8. djalbin

djalbin Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger R&T STP
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    The SRT pages and tuner are independent of each other. The Tazer or Tranzformer from Z-Automotive enables the SRT software feature so it displays on the Uconnect 8.4 screen. You can also enable the SRT timers on the EVIC display. Unfortunately you will not find it available for the 2011 Charger because there was no SRT model offered by Dodge in 2011 ... so there's no software to enable.
    The DiabloSport tuner installs or modifies a completely different set of parameters. It installs a new tune in the PCM (reflashes the PCM) and changes the settings in the car (e.g. disables MDS, etc ...).

http://www.zautotech.com/index.html

http://www.diablosport.com/

Daylite likes this.