Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKay so, I have a 2010 Charger R/T R&T and was looking into changing the gears after hitting the dragstrip last night. My question is: Will a carrier from a 5.7 magnum be a bolt up swap? There is one at my local junkyard and I was planning on just taking that out and upgrading the gears in that and then swapping it in, if it is a bolt up swap, then what gears would you guys recommend for best daily driving/drag performance?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have an 08 RT and I got an SRT(Getrag) diff from a junkyard since it is LSD. This route requires axles and hubs to be swapped out as well(226 vs 215) but it is a stronger rear end. The SRT diff was a 3.06 but I put in 3.23 gears which I find to be a good ratio for dual use. you can check out car-part.com to search all the major junkyards around the country.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have an 08 RT and I got an SRT(Getrag) diff from a junkyard since it is LSD. This route requires axles and hubs to be swapped out as well(226 vs 215) but it is a stronger rear end. The SRT diff was a 3.06 but I put in 3.23 gears which I find to be a good ratio for dual use. you can check out car-part.com to search all the major junkyards around the country.
How do you like the 3.23? How does it perform at the track? How much did it shave off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
How do you like the 3.23? How does it perform at the track? How much did it shave off.
tbh I haven't tracked the car yet. I mainly mess around on the street(totallly within the limits of the law ;p) but I do like the gear. My drive to work is about 25 miles on the highway and I don't have any complaints so far. Off the line at a light is awesome and it really seems to get the weight of these cars up to speed pretty quick. The difference from the 2.82 to 3.06 was actually quite surprising in itself, but I went to the 3.23 really for future use when I finish my stroker motor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts