Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my plastidip came in the mail Friday so I decided to try and dip my grille on Sunday. I have to say I think I'm going to love using this stuff in the future. :TU: I did make some mistakes though. And because of that and the learning curve of the technique with applying this stuff I will have to redo my grille later. But for now it's not bad even though I did alot of stuff wrong that i knew I shouldnt have. Some of it's common sense. But here's a list of donts to help you out if you dont know already just in case you decide to do some of the bad stuff I did ;)

DONT:

Rush-give yourself enough time to get the job done. (It took me about two hours)

Dip your grille at night(I started really late in the day and it was really dark by the time that I finished)

Paint the next coat before the last coat fully dries

Take off the tape and surrounding oversprayed dip too soon(I did this before it fully dried and it cause some of the dip to come off of the chrome on some edges. It's hard to see in the images)

Touch the dip as it's drying (yes I actually did this. I know...stupid :4-looney: lol)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
:iagree: Even with mistakes, it looks soooo much better in black. Reps for the effort/results!

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Looking real nice! Reps for the diy even with the mistakes.

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
Looks good brother, no worries, you got it done!!

·
Registered
766 Posts
It still looks really nice my friend. Reps to you.

I did mines this weekend as well, but I'm not gonna post any pics up until I finish the other 2-3 mods I have planned. Hopefully everything comes in by Saturday.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
gratz on the outcome looks great and I gotta give you props for using duct tape instead of blue painters tape to block it off!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts