1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
99 Posts
Until there's a 5 minute charging station on every corner like gas stations, this fad will take a long time to become everyday reality.
Dreamers & the rich are the only customers for now.
People scrambled to buy a ticket on the Titanic too.

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,676 Posts
Really not news, we have known this is coming for quite a while. Question is will there be a 2023 model or are the 22s the last.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
The popular muscle cars will be available through to the end of 2023. "I will have this car, this platform, this powertrain as we know it through the end of '23. There's two more years to buy a Hellcat, then it's history," said Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis.

It will be interesting to see how the resale value changes after production stops.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was actually given the green light by my better half to get a Hellcat next year when the house is paid off. Now, I think I will just keep the Daytona, maybe put on a Whipple for more boost and change a few parts for longevity.

My concern is with parts availability. I drive my Daytona on a daily basis and do not like having it sit for months waiting for parts to come in. Reading on the Hellcat forum, there are guys doing just that. Even before the pandemic. I have seen when dodge finally puts out a TSB but the parts are not available for months. Alternator and Water pumps from time to time are hard to get OEM. Just try to get a new set of OEM 5.7L heads that are not remanufactured. Do not exist anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts