Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Im only 16. I don't have a ton of money. But I am willing to take suggestions of any price amount. Im looking at a red v6 3.6l 2012 dodge charger. I want to boost my v6 charger to about 707 hp. Im not joking. But I would like suggestions I for it. Im not switching to a hemi. The reason I want the car is because it's awd and I can afford the v6. Please I know I sound like an ignorant person. But im dead serious. My credibility was damaged in my last post. I want to make it up to you guys by actually doing the car. I'm sorry for saying something I didn't have if you didn't read my last post don't. You wont regret it. So I am looking to build a car that has obviously 707 hp. I want to build something I can roadtrip and race at the same time. I want to twin turbo the car so i can have a boost pressure controller. Because I like flipping buttons. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. But I am taking this autotech this year so I know a little bit of stuff. But otherwise plz dumb it down. 馃槄馃槄. I am willing to post pictures as soon as I get the money to buy the parts for the car. I will fill you all in on the build and how it is going. I am willing to get suggestions from anyone more qualified than me.

Registered
Research as much info as you can, then form a positive, educated plan of what your finished goals are. Then start executing them in a manner that fits your budget. It'll take time, but you'll see progress as you go, and that'll keep you motivated. Don't be afraid to ask questions, better to learn from other people's mistakes BEFORE you repeat the same ones. And WELCOME to your latest "ADDICTION"!(y)

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Research as much info as you can, then form a positive, educated plan of what your finished goals are. Then start executing them in a manner that fits your budget. It'll take time, but you'll see progress as you go, and that'll keep you motivated. Don't be afraid to ask questions, better to learn from other people's mistakes BEFORE you repeat the same ones. And WELCOME to your latest "ADDICTION"!(y)
Sparco seats do they actually add comfort or are the stock seats enough to support? If you are going to roadtrip the car?

Registered
Sparco seats do they actually add comfort or are the stock seats enough to support? If you are going to roadtrip the car?
Stock seats are fine until your well into serious competition levels.

I say that from a person who has Dragraced, Autocrossed, and road tripped their Charger.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
The simple breakdown of the mods I found for the car. That I think will work (please tell me if i am wrong):
Sparco seats
Custom charger fender flares
Magnaflow Dual exhaust
Srt-8 wing
Rear diffuser to support the dual ehxaust
Voxx replicas demon 20x9
Custom built turbocharger kit (with boost controllers)
Chrome handle mopar t-shifter
Danko reproductions front grille
Hoodpins
Carbon fiber hood and trunk
Shaker hood
Spec-D headlights
Custom built carbon fiber doors
Rear seat delete
srt-6 chrome badges

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I am currently looking at other mods. I will keep you all updated as soon as I find more of a list to put on here. Has anyone found forged internals for there v6? What about a twin turbo setup?

Registered
Stock seats are fine until your well into serious competition levels.

I say that from a person who has Dragraced, Autocrossed, and road tripped their Charger.
I totally agree, you said you were going to be wanting to cruise around and do road trips, honestly any sparco seats will be very uncomfortable during long trips and drives..they are designed to keep you in place and they were not designed for comfortability unless you spend a significant amount of $....get some good stock seats that are Alcantara and conform well to your body and that'll be good till you get to the competition level and the car is a full on race car[/QUOTE]

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I totally agree, you said you were going to be wanting to cruise around and do road trips, honestly any sparco seats will be very uncomfortable during long trips and drives..they are designed to keep you in place and they were not designed for comfortability unless you spend a significant amount of $....get some good stock seats that are Alcantara and conform well to your body and that'll be good till you get to the competition level and the car is a full on race car
[/QUOTE]
LOL. When somebody asks me. Well why did you do that? My answer will be.........because racecar!:sneaky::sneaky:

Registered
The simple breakdown of the mods I found for the car. That I think will work (please tell me if i am wrong):
Sparco seats
Custom charger fender flares
Magnaflow Dual exhaust
Srt-8 wing
Rear diffuser to support the dual ehxaust
Voxx replicas demon 20x9
Custom built turbocharger kit (with boost controllers)
Chrome handle mopar t-shifter
Danko reproductions front grille
Hoodpins
Carbon fiber hood and trunk
Shaker hood
Spec-D headlights
Custom built carbon fiber doors
Rear seat delete
srt-6 chrome badges
That's a great starting list right there! Now the fun comes in getting to cross off each one as you knock through 'em :cool:

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
That's a great starting list right there! Now the fun comes in getting to cross off each one as you knock through 'em :cool:

I am looking at these what do you think? I like the color and that they are power seats. But do you think they will be good?

Registered
Definitely turbos are the way to go for making some healthy power in an effecient way...Definitely consult with a local performance shop as to your build and how much boost you're planning to run and that'll give you an idea as to what parts of the motor you want to improve/reinforce

Registered
View attachment 120923
I am looking at these what do you think? I like the color and that they are power seats. But do you think they will be good?
I am down with the look and Katzkin is comfortable and good material...cant ever go wrong with black/red!

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Definitely turbos are the way to go for making some healthy power in an effecient way...Definitely consult with a local performance shop as to your build and how much boost you're planning to run and that'll give you an idea as to what parts of the motor you want to improve/reinforce
I know I am going to have to replace the transmission because I have been told that they cant handle that much hp because they weren't designed to. Would a hellcat 8 speed be good for that engine or would it not bolt on to it?

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
I found a Universal turbo kit. But I need to know has someone installed this kit before? This kit says its a universal kit for motors that are 2.8l to 6.1l. But is it possible to put something like an srt-8 turbo on the car? Would that require something special? I don't know what I am doing.

Registered
Hmm..with that list of mods, I'm thinking maybe forgo building up the Pentastar.

If you really lilke the car/body, save up and do a complete frame off resto-build with a new engine.
Not sure I'd trust a stock engine under high boost pressure for longevity/ daily use.

If I were in your place and had the finances ready when timing was right, I'd finish all my mechanical mods first and then finish up with the exterior bodywork / mods.

That would tie eveything together nicely.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Hmm..with that list of mods, I'm thinking maybe forgo building up the Pentastar.

If you really lilke the car/body, save up and do a complete frame off resto-build with a new engine.
Not sure I'd trust a stock engine under high boost pressure for longevity./ daily use.
Im not trusting a stock engine. I want to build the engine up.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19

Not sure I'd trust a stock engine under high boost pressure for longevity/ daily use.

If I were in your place and had the finances ready when timing was right, I'd finish all my mechanical mods first and then finish up with the exterior bodywork / mods.

That would tie eveything together nicely.
Ok so I have a question about Danko Reproductions. They have built a shaker hood for the car. The 3.6l v6. Would the shaker hood help draw air into the car and increase hp? Or would it just stay the same?

Registered
Im not trusting a stock engine. I want to build the engine up.
Full disclosure - Im currently still with the 2013 Charger that I got brand new in the fall of 2012.

That being said, if I was going through all the trouble of modifications like those you mentioned, it'd be better to start with a stronger base i.e. v8 instead of a v6.
Ton more aftermarket support out there for crate engines with forged internals.

Then again, I'm not as young anymore, so time is also a crucial factor (for me)..

1 - 20 of 42 Posts