Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 2013 Dodge Charger in a few months back since it was over heating they changed the water pump and thermostat. I got to work on Friday and smelled coolant strongly. I then walked inside walked back out 10 minutes later and noticed a huge puddle on the ground coming out from the driver side close to the left tire. I then came out on my lunch with some water poured it in to the tank did not turn on the car and about 4 minutes later the water was almost completely gone and dripping out the bottom again. It just doesn’t hold anything in. We lifted the car looking to find the source of the leak but just can’t see the source. Does anyone have any feedback.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Radiator failure is pretty common on these cars. Usually if you open the hood, pop out the black plastic covers on top of the fascia, and poke around with a powerful flashlight, you can spot radiator leaks. They're often where the plastic side tanks meet the aluminum core, although there are other trouble spots, like the hose connectors and petcock.

If you still can't find it, most shops should be willing to pressure test the system at a minimal cost and find the leak for you.

·
100k Mile Club
11,753 Posts
Does the puddle of coolant look to be around under the transmission or crossmember area? If you are unable to see where its leaking and seems to be towards the middle to rear the engine then it is likely the engine oil cooler. I was fighting a leak for quiet some time and was unable to find it because there were no obvious signs of where it was leaking from and stumbled across a youtube video mentioning the engine oil cooler. If it sounds like what you are experiencing, take off the upper intake like when changing the plugs and if you see a pool of coolant in the valley area under the engine oil cooler then thats the culprit. The engine oil cooler is the piece that the oil filter housing connects to.
download.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts