Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a slim chance that Dodge could make turbo inline-six muscle cars in coming years, according to Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis.
Dodge Could Still Make Turbo Inline-Six Muscle Cars In Future

I think the recent announcement from Ford, to continue producing an ICE Mustang, has Dodge watching the market reaction. They don't want the Mustang to own the market if ICE sales remain profitable.

Reactions: smalafy

· Registered
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ford announced it will continue producing an ICE Mustang. Now GM is announcing they will spend $854 million on engine facilities to produce a sixth generation Small Block V-8.
GM Confirms a New Small-Block V8 Is Coming

· Registered
2,405 Posts
When Dodge realizes in a few years that EV's are not so popular they will most likely introduce the new 2 door Charger with the Hurricane engine. They have even stated that the New Hurricane will bolt right into the new Charger 2 door, but that there was slim to no chance that they would offer it. Money talks and if the current EV market does not pick up, Dodge may be forced to introduce muscle cars with the hurricane engine. EV purchases are not picking up as fast as politicians and automakers thought they would. Batteries are getting more expensive to build and the prices are going up.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Reactions: djalbin

· Registered
170 Posts
It's really hard to let go of the mighty HEMI engines. But if these new in line 6 Turbo engines are producing more power with less weight, that's a plus. As long as Dodge makes them sound good, I'll check them out. Not sure if I'm all in but curious anyway.
They had the same cars with the same options for a very long time. It's absolutely time to change to something different. V6 V8??? We shall see how this goes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts