Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if this can be removed? I've seen things on the older models and it seemed easy. I've seen some newer chargers with no emblems and the front grille looks phenomenal to me, but did they buy a grille? Because I was pulling my emblem back a little and it looks like it sits on a frame of sorts that'll still be there when removed which would look hideous lol. I was hoping it was just in with clips so when removed it would look like a clean grille and no one would be the wiser, thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
It's just in there with clips my friend! If you don't want to break it, you just gently pry one end out and then work the other end, it'll just pop right off....takes like 2 mins if that...

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? I can see tight behind it and the grill suddenly talked a "straight" or flat shape...see how I pull back and behind the letter O....the grill no longer curves at all. It completely changes shape I feel like. Am I crazy lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Yes. You have to take the front end off to get to it though. There's pins and two lock washers holding it on.
Thank you for responding, I was just about to edit my post above and state I don't have a '19, but from what I know, Dodge/FCA hasn't changed that feature as far as not giving the ability to take the grille nameplates off....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trust me I see that part being able to come off, but as I pull back the badge....thr grille isn't consistent in it's shape and texture. Take a closer look at the photo how the honeycomb effect goes away and it's suddenly straight and flat where the badge is to be applied. I'll try it, just afraid to **** it up lol I believe all you guys, just never seen that before. It wasn't like that on my 2012 charger

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Trust me I see that part being able to come off, but as I pull back the badge....thr grille isn't consistent in it's shape and texture. Take a closer look at the photo how the honeycomb effect goes away and it's suddenly straight and flat where the badge is to be applied. I'll try it, just afraid to www.ebay.com it up lol I believe all you guys, just never seen that before. It wasn't like that on my 2012 charger
Yeah, I was looking into it and there seems to be a backing that the nameplate sits on, designed into the grille, but like @James Jackson mentioned above, it seems to be secured w/lock washers which would explain why you can't just pry it off like on older models...

Reactions: Mohammad Ariannejad

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I was looking into it and there seems to be a backing that the nameplate sits on, designed into the grille, but like @James Jackson mentioned above, it seems to be secured w/lock washers which would explain why you can't just pry it off like on older models...
Designed into the grill.... Damn that sucks because I love the clean grille look, but that definitely won't be worth taking off appreciate the help guys. Maybe I can find an all black somewhere. If anyone knows of a site would greatly appreciate it. Otherwise maybe I'll just plastidip it

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,389 Posts
You can get it off by unbolting the hood latch and sitting it to the side to get your hand in there more and grabbing a pair of snips to clip the ends of it and it comes right off. That’s how I did mines. Then I replaced it with the red R/T badge

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can get it off by unbolting the hood latch and sitting it to the side to get your hand in there more and grabbing a pair of snips to clip the ends of it and it comes right off. That’s how I did mines. Then I replaced it with the red R/T badge
The only problem is the backing that that's designed into the grille like madmaxx mentioned :/ wonder if this started with the 19's lol what year is yours bjohnson?

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,389 Posts
The only problem is the backing that that's designed into the grille like madmaxx mentioned :/ wonder if this started with the 19's lol what year is yours bjohnson?
You right, maybe, I have a 2017. It just had clip-like posts that were just attached to the grille.one the ends were clipped, it was free

Reactions: Mohammad Ariannejad

·
Registered
781 Posts
S6302659.JPG
I did this last month on my new 2019 RT, 3 days after I bought it! There are 2 plastic studs with thin metal nuts holding this on. And there is a permanent solid section in the grille that is part of the grille, it can't be removed. If you want to remove the dodge emblem, remove the radiator cover trim panel, look behind the grille on the driver's side. You'll be able to see the mounting studs and nuts. You can slide a long flat-blade screwdriver in and reach the studs. Place the screwdriver tip close to the end of the stud and smack the handle once while pushing downward. The plastic stud will break off. Repeat on the second stud and the emblem will come off. Takes 15 minutes tops, but again, there WILL be a solid "backing pad" where the emblem was. Replace the cover and you're done. Here's what I replaced mine with.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
View attachment 91714 I did this last month on my new 2019 RT, 3 days after I bought it! There are 2 plastic studs with thin metal nuts holding this on. And there is a permanent solid section in the grille that is part of the grille, it can't be removed. If you want to remove the dodge emblem, remove the radiator cover trim panel, look behind the grille on the driver's side. You'll be able to see the mounting studs and nuts. You can slide a long flat-blade screwdriver in and reach the studs. Place the screwdriver tip close to the end of the stud and smack the handle once while pushing downward. The plastic stud will break off. Repeat on the second stud and the emblem will come off. Takes 15 minutes tops, but again, there WILL be a solid "backing pad" where the emblem was. Replace the cover and you're done. Here's what I replaced mine with.
Thanks for the tips and confirmation!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Forgot to mention, if you remove the emblem by breaking off the studs, it can be re-mounted by cutting the remaining stubs off and mounting it back on the grille using 3M double-sided emblem tape. The only one who'll know is you!:D

·
Registered
781 Posts
FYI.
s-l1600.jpg
Before you decide to remove your 2019 grille emblem, here's a view from the back. Note the 2 shiny "pal-nuts" holding the emblem, along with the "pad" that is molded into the grille. This is from a Scat Pack, my R/T was the same.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts