Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:4-dontknow:As the title says, does anyone have the Kooks long tube headers, catless midpipes, and Slp Loudmouth 1? I am considering that setup, but I'm not sure how it's going to sound. I know it's going to be loud...but how loud? Also, do you know if I'm going to need a tune with this setup?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just got the LM1 catback on my car stock headers and it's mean as hell. I had to use my tuner to remove the MDS because the drone with it was to much for me. Also, the MDS coming off and on way to much for me. Today is the first time with out it on and it was a peace full drive. The exhaust roars and sounds way better than my flowmaster super 44's. Very happy.

·
Registered
230 Posts
when you install heads and cam, every exhaust will roar like crazy. on the older chargers, 06 to 09 or whatever, you can use kooks long tube headers that are meant for the rt and srt's catback.

·
Registered
230 Posts
to get the sickest sound from your stock car, even if it's not stock, are cut outs. they're only 300 bucks for 2 brand new cut outs and it'll probably cost around 100 bucks to have them welded on. if you're getting a catback or cold air intake, look for a used one for half the price... all catbacks and cold air intakes are, are just pipes for air to flow through. so if it's not rusty or dented then it's just like brand new. you'll need the money for long tube headers, only cuz not alot of people buy them and wont find them used unless you get lucky. heads and cam you'll want to buy new. and superchargers i dont know, i would love to get one used and replace a broken part on it if i have to. Check out this youtube vid
QTP Cutouts on Stacey David's Rat Roadster - YouTube

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got the LM1 catback on my car stock headers and it's mean as hell. I had to use my tuner to remove the MDS because the drone with it was to much for me. Also, the MDS coming off and on way to much for me. Today is the first time with out it on and it was a peace full drive. The exhaust roars and sounds way better than my flowmaster super 44's. Very happy.
I've rode in a Charger that had the LM1 and it sounded great! Honestly I didn't think there was much drone. I just don't know how it will sound with LT headers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when you install heads and cam, every exhaust will roar like crazy. on the older chargers, 06 to 09 or whatever, you can use kooks long tube headers that are meant for the rt and srt's catback.
I never mentioned heads or a cam? I was just wondering about those two exhaust pieces.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts