Dodge Charger Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
ChargerGirl, Unfortunately Dodge is not going to pay to fix this for you. [email protected] won't be able to do anything for you either.

My Charger is just under 2 yrs old and has a passenger door panel that is coming apart up top.
Yeah, I know. It sucks too. I guess we have poor workmanship to thank for these issues we’re having with our fairly new cars that we spend so much money for.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine is out of warranty and its over 1K each side. I just glued it myself. Use plenty of clamps and let it cure. Better than new. My first attempt was not so good. I rushed it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got both front doors and my center console peeling. Hate the way it looks, out of warranty and out of luck. Anyone know a way to fix good short of replacing the overly expensive door panels?

·
Registered
10 Posts
same problem here...2016 Hellcat front passenger door panel let go in the center...what an eye soar. I contacted my local dealer and guess what? my warranty expired exactly 1 week before. S.O.O.L :mad:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine is out of warranty and its over 1K each side. I just glued it myself. Use plenty of clamps and let it cure. Better than new. My first attempt was not so good. I rushed it.
Did you remove the door panel to glue it?
What type of glue did you use?
Lastly, how has it held up?

·
Registered
6 Posts
2016 RT out of the warranty, dealer is a no way will not help situation. Mine was pretty bad and I am in Oregon not to hot here. I removed the foam behind the vinyl all along the whole top of the door panel at about 1/2" And used super glue gel on that top plastic edge under the vinyl and then held it in place with custom cut up paint sticks, you need to make them and get them set up to fit first. Super glue will not be affected by heat like Gorilla glue, or most epoxy based glues that like to break loose in hot conditions.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts