· Registered
1,775 Posts
That should be what you have

· Registered
1,775 Posts
BR9 started in late 2014.

· Registered
1,934 Posts
The rears will be slightly different but the fronts are the same. Probably charging for trying to get the OEM spec police pads. Even if they were significantly different, why in god's name would you want lesser brakes?

· Registered
1,050 Posts
Rear would be BR8s 13.7 rear vented rotors.

You can find parts much cheaper online. If you go through a shop they always quote HUGE up charges on parts.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rear would be BR8s 13.7 rear vented rotors.

You can find parts much cheaper online. If you go through a shop they always quote HUGE up charges on parts.
Okay thanks man! They put 2 brand new calipers in the quote as well, do I need to replace the calipers? Or should I be fine with just doing the pads and rotors?

· Registered
1,050 Posts
Okay thanks man! They put 2 brand new calipers in the quote as well, do I need to replace the calipers? Or should I be fine with just doing the pads and rotors?
If calipers are fine then they don't need to be replaced.

Reactions: CoYo-77

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The rears will be slightly different but the fronts are the same. Probably charging for trying to get the OEM spec police pads. Even if they were significantly different, why in god's name would you want lesser brakes?
I don’t want lesser breaks lol I bought a charger from a dealership and I’m finding all these problems I have to fix. And I don’t got the money to replace everything to an OEM spec

· Registered
227 Posts
Not sure what area you're in, but in the suburban Chicago area I have found a very trustworthy shop that I occasionally have do work I either can't, or don't want to do. They are not only honest, but way cheaper, and usually faster to get in/out than a dealership. I actually still have a brand new set of the police rear rotors in the garage. They are the 350mm (13.7") diameter Centrics. Bought them online and were very reasonable. Was going to try to upgrade my Daytona rears from the 320mm (12.6") diameter vented to the bigger brakes, but would have to change to bigger caliper brackets, and I decided to just stick with the OE size.

· Registered
2013 Dodge Charger RT AWD Plus
41 Posts
Are the BR8s considered to be Brembo Brakes?
Brembos are nice but the price tag on them sometimes gets out of hand. if you are looking at doing brake upgrade, I've seen and heard tons of good things about powerstop and they come in at a lower price point. only difference is you wont have the BREMBO logo on them. The step up from there would be Baer Brakes but they just climb from there.

· Registered
227 Posts
Brembos are nice but the price tag on them sometimes gets out of hand. if you are looking at doing brake upgrade, I've seen and heard tons of good things about powerstop and they come in at a lower price point. only difference is you wont have the BREMBO logo on them. The step up from there would be Baer Brakes but they just climb from there.
I can attest to the Power Stops. I wanted something better out of our little '15 Jeep Patriot, and this past fall it came time to replace both the front rotors as well as the pads. Because we live in NO. IL area with lots of road salt and corrosion, and it took several shots of PB Blaster and about 20-30 minutes of beating on rusted rotors, I decided to try the PS Z23 series "kit" for the front. Comes with drilled and slotted zinc-plated rotors, carbon-fiber ceramic pads, SS caliper clips and new caliper pin boots. So far, very happy, and hopefully less corrosion issues. Went a similar route with my '06 Daytona last time too.

· Registered
2 Posts
If you can, converting to the later 2015 and up BR9 police brakes is great. They are a huge upgrade from the RT brakes and are an improvement over the earlier BR8 Police brakes. They also fit inside of 18" wheels if you have/prefer them. If you already have to replace stuff anyway, and especially if you have to replace the calipers, it's not a huge difference in price for the larger BR9 parts vs. good RT brake parts if you take the time to price shop a bit.

I have done the BR9 swap on my '05 Magnum (front done, working through the rear this week) and am preparing to convert my '05 300C as well. The front rotor is massive, Mopar used every available milimeter of space inside of an 18" wheel - I don't think I could fit much more than a business card between the caliper and the wheel...

I can dig up the parts list I used if you need it. I sourced parts between a combination of RockAuto, Amazon, and Summit Racing depending on who had the best price w/ shipping and what was available from where. Having the Mopar part #'s to look for was a huge help with this, I got most of the part numbers and info from various forum posts and then cross referenced it all with the Mopar online parts catalog and some aftermarket parts catalogs (RockAuto, Summit, etc.) to be sure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts