Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 charger, police package, 5.7 V8 and the two forward windows are stuck in the down position. I've only had a chance to take apart the passenger side apart. The motor only goes down and the regulator cable is still intact and slides nicely on it. Is it common for the window switches to fail halfway like this? Is there any way I can test the switch to make sure it's actually that and not the motor? Any information is appreciated, thanks.

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
1,494 Posts
I believe that the drivers door has the master switch, if it's not working correctly the passenger side door switch won't work either. I'm sure that someone that has some experience should chime in here shortly & give you some more help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe that the drivers door has the master switch, if it's not working correctly the passenger side door switch won't work either. I'm sure that someone that has some experience should chime in here shortly & give you some more help.
I did not know that, would a failed master switch also affect the rear windows as well? The rears still work perfectly.

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
1,494 Posts
Depends on what's losing contact. I've not had any issues (knock on wood) so I've really not researched this but I'm pretty sure if the drivers switches are not working correctly it can affect the others not working. At least I've read some posts about it a ways back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts