Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been facing issues with the driver side window on my 2014 Charger SXT lately. When I roll up the window, it goes only half way, then comes down automatically. This is the case both while trying the manual way (switch single click up) as well as Auto (switch double click up). The only way I can close my window is by holding the switch in manual mode until the window goes half way (where it gets stuck) and as soon as it automatically starts to go down, release the switch and hold it up again.

Has anyone faced this? Any advise would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
The window may need calibration with the door control/memory module. Try the following relearn procedure and see if it helps.
  1. Using the window switch, lower the door glass to the full-down position by pushing down (depress) the window switch to its second detent and hold the switch until the door glass is fully open. Continue to hold the window switch down for two seconds after the door glass is fully open.
  2. Raise the door glass to the full-up position by pulling up on the window switch and hold the switch until the door glass is fully closed. Continue to hold the window switch up for two seconds after the door glass is full closed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The window may need calibration with the door control/memory module. Try the following relearn procedure and see if it helps.
  1. Using the window switch, lower the door glass to the full-down position by pushing down (depress) the window switch to its second detent and hold the switch until the door glass is fully open. Continue to hold the window switch down for two seconds after the door glass is fully open.
  2. Raise the door glass to the full-up position by pulling up on the window switch and hold the switch until the door glass is fully closed. Continue to hold the window switch up for two seconds after the door glass is full closed.
Thanks Albin, but that didn't work for me. Firstly, I cannot roll the window all way up in a single run (i have to pull up to first detent until it goes half way up and starts rolling back down, at that point I need to release the switch and pull up again to have the window closed).

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
If you have a scanner that can read all codes (not just Pxxxx powertrain codes) plug it into the car's OBD2 port and see if there's any Bxxxx body codes or Uxxxx communications codes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts