Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have this problem? I turn on the heated seat and 2 seconds later it turns off and won't stay on. This is about 95% of the time. Every so often it will actually stay on...but almost never. Passenger side works fine. Anyone help with this?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
My advice is to take advantage of your warranty.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Anyone have this problem? I turn on the heated seat and 2 seconds later it turns off and won't stay on. This is about 95% of the time. Every so often it will actually stay on...but almost never. Passenger side works fine. Anyone help with this?
I had this exact same thing happen to me for the first time this morning on my 2011. Unfortunately I am out of warranty so that's not an option. The weird thing is the seat kept turning off while driving to work but as soon as I parked the car and pulled out my phone to take a video of what was happening the seat stayed on for a good 20-30 seconds and I gave up. I have done some research this morning and have seen instances of this happening on '11s, '12s, and '13s...

·
Registered
125 Posts
I crawled under both the passenger and driver seat the other night to take a peek at what we're dealing with but there are so many wires and connectors under there I'm guessing it's way out of my realm of knowldege. I do believe that the heated seat module/relay/component is located under the pass seat - there is a black box with four connectors going into it that I'm guessing is for my 4 heated seats. I unplugged these and pulled the fuse for the heated seat and radio but had no luck yesterday morning. My next step is a negative cable battery pull to see if that resets anything. Hopefully someone can chime in that has some more knowledge of how this whole heated seat system works. Please feel free to share anything that you learn dozier!

·
Registered
125 Posts
No luck with disconnecting the battery either. Pretty bummed about this since this is the only time of the year where I actually need or use the heated seat. Next oil change I guess I'll mention it to the dealer and see what they say.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here is what the manual says:

The heated seats switch from HIGH to LOW and from
LOW to OFF automatically, based on time and temperature
of the seat. The heated seats can operate on HIGH
heat for a maximum of 20 minutes before switching to
LOW heat at that time, the number of illuminated LEDs
changes from two to one, indicating the change. Once a
seat has switched to the LOW heat setting it may operate
for a maximum of 40 minutes before automatically
shutting OFF. The heated seats can shut OFF early or may
not turn on when the seat is already warm.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an update: When the outside temp is 10 degrees or lower my driver side seat works every time. Above 10 it's hit or miss. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just an update: When the outside temp is 10 degrees or lower my driver side seat works every time. Above 10 it's hit or miss. Anyone else experience this?
yes I do. My drivers doesn't work anymore either. The passengers does. But when I went home to a cold state for Christmas it worked again! Now its back to the same thing. On for two secondsish. Then click off. It gets cold in the morning here. Would be nice to have it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts